Which Chinese Tablet?

stevoh

Jun 11, 2012
Hi,
My advice is probably not to buy a chinese tablet, i have had a Onda Vi40 for about 3 months at first i thought it was great but Im afraid it is just a piece of junk with little to no back up
I have now had that many problems with it and spent so many wasted hours trying to sort it out I would have been better off just spending more and buying a reputable brand.
I was warned but didnt listen!
Sooooooo listen lol.

D

Dawnstar

Hi,
My advice is probably not to buy a chinese tablet, i have had a Onda Vi40 for about 3 months at first i thought it was great but Im afraid it is just a piece of junk with little to no back up
I have now had that many problems with it and spent so many wasted hours trying to sort it out I would have been better off just spending more and buying a reputable brand.
I was warned but didnt listen!
Sooooooo listen lol.

Oh my.. Apple is from CHINA so we shouldn't buy that cheap tablet because it was made in China? If you pay cheap you get !!CHEAP!!

Last edited by a moderator:

kingbrowne

Apr 24, 2012
Oh my Apple is from CHINA so we shoun't buy that cheap tablet because it was made in China? If you pay cheap you get !!CHEAP!! don't moan about it.

Agree fully.

China tablets are made for and sold to the China mainland and initially, little effort was made to facilitate the high standards found in the pro western units. The first batch of them were very basic with most working functions, but mainly lacked access to the Google play store. This is so because the Chinese has they own variation of the play store and would not need its access. There are literally hundreds of tablet brands in China and 99% of them still takes this approach. The exceptions are the brands that are now being pushed to the overseas market, for example Onda, SmartQ and Ainol. These manufacturers have recognized the value of accessing the foreign markets and are now including the Google Play in their programming. Some has gone a step further and has developed two distinctly different firmwares, one for their base market, China, and the other for the West; English based and Chinese apps removed.

China brand tablets are much less expensive than the reconized brands and there will always be the attraction to buy a cheaper product. But buyers should be aware that the old maxin still holds true. If you pay cheap...You get cheap. While it is true that some of the better known brands are making an attempt to improve their quality standards, for example SmartQ and Aoson, don't be fool into thinking that you will buy the cheapest product you can find because it has good specs and still expect to get a product the like of Toshiba or Samsung. Additional, since these same units were not optimized for the foreign markets, you can also expect to do a lot of tinkering with the OS to get the most out of your unit.

I have owned seven China brand tablets in the past year and because I have realistic expectations, I have not been disappointed with any. And yes, they all still works.

Sirmax2012

Sep 20, 2012
I have a Teclest P75HD.Needing help with putting ICS on it with u s Google Android Market .it has a allwinner10 chip