Which format/settings do you use for your 7015?

Ekozilla

Apr 13, 2011
What settings do you use for your videos? I have a new 7015A, rooted, running Tipstir's honeycomb ROM, and the movie I converted was choppy and super pixellated. I used Handbrakes Ipod touch settings but increased the resolution to 800x450, and it still looked bad.

Thanks for any advice.

Last edited:

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
Most people use something other than the stock player. I like mViedeoPlayer myself. You can get it from the market for free. Also be sure to hit the menu button while the player is open to get to settings. You have to tell it to look on the external sdcard for videos.
Before playing videos clear your caches and other programs running in background you may not be aware of like browsers.

Ekozilla

Apr 13, 2011
Thanks. I saw the thread on which player to use down below, but as I don't have access to the tablet right now, I marked it to try tonight. Do you use advanced task killer? Or do you recommend a different program to kill the other background processes?

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
The cache cleaners and program killers really get into a personal choice thing as there are so many out there. You just have to decide what you like. I'm personally trying out SuperBox and Android Assistant right now. Recently discovered SuperBox has a widget for the home screen which you can use to kill tasks, pretty cool. The multi-feature ones take awhile to discover all their options. Android Assistant's 'boost memory' feature seems to do a really good job of freeing up memory.
I guess the bottom line is just make sure you use something to free up your caches and memory every so often.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Android Optimizer is another Rooted tool option it can kill apps on auto. Android Assistant that feature seems a bit different. I have use the SuperBox and that Widget to kill apps doesn't play nice on Live Wallpaper. There is ES Task Killer but that's more manual . I want it automatic. Advanced task killer pro will do just that. The only issue with that app is that it uses memory to run.

When you close an apps it should remove itself from memory. Most of these apps don't and run in the background. When you have to many open then you'll start to get out of memory messages. Cache is another one still uses memory has buffer process. That too needs to be flushed out.

Ekozilla

Apr 13, 2011
My problem in this case was actually bad settings for my video conversion program. I've since changed them (now using DVD Fab to make videos 800x450ish depending on original resolution, setting file size to 900MB, 2 pass conversion. I think it's .avi using x264 codec).

Videos look good now, especially since it's just for travelling and not worrying about getting blueray quality out of them.

Thanks for replies and help!