Which is better? An Android Smartphone or Android Tablet

gmark

Aug 18, 2011
I am going to purchase an Android powered device.
But in a dilemma, whether to buy Android Smartphone or Android Tablet.

Any suggestions please? Thank you.

Jun 29, 2011
For making calls ,a phone.
For doing anything else as well as their phone lineup but with a larger screen, a tablet.
It would be helpful if you post back with your intended uses.
I have both a Droid Incredible and a Galaxy Tab 10.1 and prefer the screen on the Tab over the Inc but the smaller size of the Inc makes it more practical in more places.
I have basically the same apps on both , can do the same thing on both , including calls with Fling on either, text with Text + on either and use the 3g hotspot on my Inc to give the Tab wifi in non wifi areas. Spare Parts app renders non Honeycomb apps to full screen size on the Tab. Splashtop on my Tab gives me full manipulation of my desktop from anywhere whereas Team Viewer does the same on my phone.
They are both very fast at everything they do, both get about 10 hours of usage plus standby time .
Again your usage will determine what is best for you

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited:

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
I can do both with the Evo and frankly, I like using the EVO over-all. The Acer 500 does excel at e-book reading. I do lots of entry work with Excel and find it handy, though the bigger screen on a tablet has its advantages.

jaamgans

Jun 6, 2011
I think the smartphone is better as you can also call, plus you have mobile data (my tablet is only wifi as its more of a laptop replacement). I think you really need to consider what you want to use it for... and then assess which will be better for you.

gmark

Aug 18, 2011
Thanks you all for your suggestions.

Here is my list :
I want to listen to audio books with 3.5mm jack earphones, while I am on walk.

Watch videos while I travel.
Use the internet -browse, read online news, email and upload/watch youtube videos.
Need to make pics with medium range pixels.
Record audio and video.

Read pdf. ebooks.
Make phone calls.
Send SMS.

Do internet banking.
Like touch screen.
Use MS-Office.

Connect to my PC/Laptop.

These are my needs. So which would suit me?

Mashpotaters

Aug 19, 2011
It sounds like for you a phone fits what you want, but it really comes down to whether you need a phone. I myself went with a tablet because I already have a phone, it's not an android phone, but I have it and it's less of a hassle to go through looking for another phone. I'd say a tablet is more along the lines of a netbook alternative.

Neither one fully complies with your list, but you need to decide which things you want more. If you find the listening to music for walks really important, then you'll prefer a phone because it can double as an mp3 player, but if you find getting work done more important, then a tablet is easier to get work done on.

Jun 29, 2011
If you don't mind the smaller screen for video , reading and banking, I'd suggest a phone. E readers like Kindle can have bigger fonts, your browser can have larger text.
Before I got my Tab I made due just fine using my 3.7" screen as a do all. Sometimes I needed to break out my reading glasses for longer usage time, especially at night, but I've also got 47 year old eyes.
I still use my phone 60/40 vs the Tab due to convenience of carrying

Support Our Troops!!
This post was Tapatalk approved. Sent from an Incredible phone

Last edited: