which pandigital tablet is best and can be rooted?

electroken

Oct 26, 2011
Hello, I am new here and just my first post and time on the site. I searched for an answer to this question first but did not find any.
I am in the process of trying to decide which of the Pandigital tablets I should try to buy. I am of the opinion after watching some of the reviews of that tablet and being referred to this site by one of the reviewers, that it would be a good one to buy since it could be rooted and the tablet could be used for more than simply reading books etc. I am uncertain which of the many versions of the Pandigital can be rooted. I noticed right away that one for sale on ebay had only 1gb ram but the one in the review had 2gb ram. I am certain there are many models of this out there and dont want to buy one I cannot root etc.
I also see a 9" model and wonder if it can be modified. I want to run linux on mine and want to be able to watch videos such as avi or mp4 files.
I see some of the 7" models available for about $100 and wonder if it is going to work out ok for me.
I think there are probably a lot of very knowledgeable guys on line here and maybe I can get an answer quick enough so I wont miss out on getting one of those pandigitals cheap.
I will also want to know where to go to get some step by step instructions on how to root mine once I do get it.
Thanks in advance ,
Ken