Which should i get?

camer0

Mar 5, 2012
Right now, I am looking at an Ipod touch with an 11-in-1 kit that comes with it. Tax included it costs $220.
Or should i get an Android Tablet?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I guess it depends if you want a device that fits in your pocket, or something with a ledger screen that can do A LOT more but won't fit in your pocket.

camer0

Mar 5, 2012
I guess it depends if you want a device that fits in your pocket, or something with a ledger screen that can do A LOT more but won't fit in your pocket.

Which one would do more? I know that this is an Android forum, but I am more towards Apple, because it seems very reliable. I've really never seen popular android tablets. (Not including Kindle Fire or Nook Tablet). Which one has better gaming apps?:confused:

liv2scoot

Aug 21, 2011
The Ipod Touch is an amazing device but limited by its small size as far as most tasks go. I use mine primarily for googlevoice and skype. The call quality is excellent. The screen is just too small for serious work other than playing some simplistic games and reading email.You might want to look at an android 7 inch tablet. Small enough to pack around but big enough to work with. Game playing will be much better too.Then again it all depends what you want the most.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
I have an iPhone 4 which is just about the same as the iPod Touch. I find the screen is too small to do much. I would definitely go for at least a 7" tablet over an iPod/iPhone screen.

Games on a 10" tablet are so much better due to the larger screen. If you get a bigger name tablet (Acer, Asus, Motorola, Samsung, Sony, Toshiba) they tend to have a minimum of a dual core tablet. This will help give better gaming performance.

Also, the openness of Android is awesome. I can put media on and off of my tablet from a USB hard drive, WiFi network transfers or many other ways. I can also play different media formats.

Natey2

May 25, 2012

A 7" tablet will fit in the side pocket of most cargo pants :)

Do 10" tablets drain the battery faster than 7" tablets, given that the screen is usually the biggest consumer of power?

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
It depends on the size of the battery too. 10" tabs tend to have bigger batteries than 7".

The ASUS TF101 gets about 9 hours with the tab battery. The ASUS SL101 is more like 5.5-6. Both are similar hardware, but the SL101 has a smaller battery.

It depends on the overall specs of the tablet.

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Right now, I am looking at an Ipod touch with an 11-in-1 kit that comes with it. Tax included it costs $220.
Or should i get an Android Tablet?
Ramos W17 Pro Tablet PC 7 inch Capacitive Android 4.0 Cortex A9 Dual Core Ramos W17 Pro Tablet PC 7 inch Capacitive Android 4.0 Cortex A9 Dual Core [W17PRO] - $163.99 : China Tablet PC - Android Tablet PC - Consumer Electronics Goods
hi, camero.
if youre looking for a devide that is fast, cheap & reliable this could be for you, it has dual core chip which will make gaming excellent, capacitive screen for sensitive touch also needed for gaming. the seller is a supporting vendor on this forum & as such will give you better support & assistance with any problem solving. these tablets in my view are far superior to ipods as ipods are only media players, whereas a tablet pc is basically a mini computer & can do most things a bigger pc can do within reason. theyre smaller & lighter than laptops or netbooks, less expensive to replace should any accidents befall on them & above all theyre a lot of fun, android lets you play around with what your tab is capable of far more than apple based systems & you will pick things up as you go along , wondering why you ever considered ipods\ipads at all! i have been bitten by the bug since getting a tab last year basically as a cheap ereader but with other capabilities, since then i have replaced my basic model after installing new roms, improving speed, battery life, & general usefulness of my tab. i will be doing the same to this one in time but at the moment it works fine for my needs.
the seller is important if buying from abroad as some vendors care little for customers once the item has been paid for, redtabletpc.com are not like this. they will not sell you oem (unbranded copy pc's) goods & tend to only get the better quality tablets on the market. there are shipping choices to suit costs\speed of delivery etc. and they have good feedback on the forum. you have nothing to loseby checking out their site, who know's,, you may find exactly what youre looking for & save a fortune in the process.

camer0

Mar 5, 2012
camer0 said:
I am quoting my self. Hahahaha.This forum is closed. I'm just gonna get an ipod.

I am quoting my self. Hahahaha.This forum is closed. I'm just gonna get an ipod.