Which tablet did you buy and why?

Sagitarii

Jul 7, 2011
Happy Thursday,
After a lot of research, I went and bought a refurbed Nook Color for 199.00 thru eBay. I received it Wed, tried the honeycomb 3.0 and wasn't particularly impressed.
Today I rooted it with Cyanogen7 ..this is what I was looking for!!!!

Alchemist

Jul 22, 2011
Hello All,

About a month ago I bought a Coby Kyros 7022. My decision was based on what I had read on these forums - that this was a very good sub-$200 machine. I have since added the Market (Thank You, daprospecta), Flash, the wifi fix, and tried many other apps just for fun. It is still unrooted - I haven't felt the need to do that yet. This is my first tablet, and I am enjoying it immensely. Use it mainly for web surfing and books. Got a 16GB micro SD card and put on some music and a bunch of reference material that I like to have handy.

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Mine was the Coby Kryos mid7024 mainly because its a very stable machine an i have no need to root it, and also i needed a laptop replacement that can fit in my pocket :) . Got a 16GB microSD in here packed with HD, 1080p and 920p movies and also DJ quality music.

I really settled with this because the tablet i want has not fully come out yet and i kinda like when other ppl buy it first and read about it for a month or so.... this is what i really want>>> http://getandroidstuff.com/archos-8...nd-cheapest-android-honeycomb-tablet-for-you/ but the 8" version. 1.5ghz dualcore cpu with 250GB harddrive and from what im hearing the cpu and graphics is better than the Tegra technology talked about all over now. I will see when i get it :)

Sent from my Coby Kryos MID7024 not-rooted with 16gb microSD

Last edited:

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Mike02z, You should try the Xoom.. I looked at all those and settled on the Xoom.. Gets updates 1st..

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Thanks wicced247 for the link of the Archos tablet. Never heard of it, but the specs sound good. It's worthy to check it out

No prob. If u get it before i do let me know how it turns out, i have not got to see it live yet only in videos

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
You guys realize Best buy has a buy back program right? Since new tablets come out so fast,they realize people are going to get upset when their tablet gets out dated in a few months. You pay $25,then for up to 6 months you get 50% of what you paid for the last tablet back towards the new one.. The % scales down from there.. But totally worth it..

vknidhi

Jul 5, 2011
Hi,
High quality tabs have yet to come. Amongst the lot, currently available, the dual core, android 3.1 and ipad2 may be considered the best. Even though I pad 2 has set the trend, I consider ipad2 inferior to many android tabs in the market, with regard to screen resolution, plug ins availability, camera and many more. But your spec doesn't apeear to be all that stringent. Looking at what you have mentioned as what you need and do not need,Samsung galaxy tab2 pr ipad 2, would be the righr stuff for you.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
Hi,
High quality tabs have yet to come. Amongst the lot, currently available, the dual core, android 3.1 and ipad2 may be considered the best. Even though I pad 2 has set the trend, I consider ipad2 inferior to many android tabs in the market, with regard to screen resolution, plug ins availability, camera and many more. But your spec doesn't apeear to be all that stringent. Looking at what you have mentioned as what you need and do not need,Samsung galaxy tab2 pr ipad 2, would be the righr stuff for you.

250gb harddrive with a 1.5ghz dualcore cpu in a tablet is by far the best to me. Archos got an 8" version and a 10" version. Here is the manufacture's website an check it out urself >> http://www.archos.com/products/gen9/specs.html?country=us&lang=en

Last edited:

soltner59

Apr 24, 2011
I first got a Velocity Cruz and liked using it mainly for downloading books from the library. I could still check my email and surf the internet and check on facebook. Then I wanted something more and got the Arnova 10 10.1", drove me nuts because of the resistive touch screen. I returned it. Now I have the Viewsonic g-tablet and like it a lot. Learned about installing a new rom and now on my third new rom. The g-tablet has the capacitive touch screen, much better.

spark

Jul 27, 2011
I think I'm going to wait for a quad core tablet (either xoom 2 or asus) or the archos with 1.5 ghz. The archos offers cool features, I also like their onboard software. I wonder if the 250GB (which is questionable if I really need it) offers SD card slot too. Does anyone know that? On the website it's not very obvious (or am I just too tired? :)).

wicced247

Jul 23, 2011
I think I'm going to wait for a quad core tablet (either xoom 2 or asus) or the archos with 1.5 ghz. The archos offers cool features, I also like their onboard software. I wonder if the 250GB (which is questionable if I really need it) offers SD card slot too. Does anyone know that? On the website it's not very obvious (or am I just too tired? :)).

Yea is has micro usb, microsd and yea u were tired

Last edited:

G8GT.Dad

Mar 1, 2011
Hi,

I have been struggling with choosing a tablet. we have an iPad at home and like it. However, I chose an Acer Iconia A500... TARGET had it on sale for $399 plus a $50 gift card.

Once upgraded to HC3.1 things are running good. I like the hardware connectivity options but have not really used them. At CiscoLive in Vegas it was clear that sharing ppt and PDF files was easy with the use of an USB drive.

I still have concerns about security wrt to apps for android vs the sense of security I get with Apps from the apps store (apple).

Still need to install an anti virus for the iconia... do I really need one?

thx

GerardFreeman

Jul 18, 2011
After looking at all the tablets at BestBuy, I ended up buying the Acer Iconia a500. Why would you spend more on xoom when they all do the same thing ... AT&T is coming out with an Acer Iconia a501 with 3g added and 64GB of storage :)

Jun 29, 2011
I got a Samsung GT 10.1 because better screen than my ipad, better sound than my ipad, louder than my ipad, better ways to install music and videos than my ipad, more ergonomic than my ipad, better feel if the screen ratio than my ipad, better speed than my ipad, lighter than my ipad, better camera than any ipad , better os than my ipad, same battery life as my ipad, less crashing of apps than my ipad, less freezing than my ipad, more raw abilities than my ipad, it came with a calculator unlike my ipad, it's not an ipad. I was tired of hearing excuses for Apple short comings ("why do you want to do that?" Then the reasons why I shouldn't want to do that, how it isn't really a problem, I'm just being a basher, etc) and having to work around everything to do more than listen to music while reading email type multi task, and none of them free work around either.
Ios is at the pinnacle of where it is going whereas Honeycomb I'd just getting started.
When I saw the 200 "major" upgrades coming in ios5 and the largest were things even my Windows Mobile phone has been doing since 2009 I gave up on ios ever being more than a gimmicky, emperors new clothes, market the product well enough where the masses will believe they have achieved nirvana, suck every penny from the owners wallet and give just enough to keep them addicted until the next model comes promising an even better nirvana addiction of a product.
Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy