Which tablet did you buy and why?

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Gerard, that isn't true on price.. Iconia A500 $399 16gig.. $499 32 gig.. Xoom $499 32 gig.. Xoom feels better. Xoom gets updates 1st.. Xoom has micro sd slot,plus you can get the usb adapter and use that too..

Mountain... thats funny.. Someone see's the light.. One of my friends told me if he got anything it would be an ipad 2.. I called him a sheep.. he doesn't know any different.. He thinks he does.. lol

STi

Sep 2, 2010
Galaxy tab 10.1.... Reasons...

Screen.. Best screen out there even better than my ipad2
Thin.. Thinnest tablet
LIGHT... very light
Feels good in the hand... Even better than my ip2

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Android Tablet Forum

chabela1944

Jul 1, 2011
I began with a Xoom, kept it for a few days before returning it to Target. The screen/graphics felt 'dark' to me, I then tried an Asus and preferred it to the Xoom, but missed having a USB port. Turned that one in and purchased a 16gb Acer. Liked this one, but then Costco offered a 32gb Acer with case at $429. Loved the price so I turned in the 16gb for the Costco 32gb. Have had it for a month and am lovin' it.
The price is right and has enough ports. I do wish it had a standard sized sd card slot, and more accessories. Just got a Powerline 2000 mah Car Charger at Walmart which has a tip that fits just right and powers it up just fine. Someone in this forum gave the tip and in the absence of an OEM Car Charger from Acer this will do just fine. It cost about $15.00 and has a usb port.

Jun 29, 2011
I get all that. but no sd slot. more expensive

Don't miss the slot, don't miss the money either :D . It was worth the difference for the size and weight savings for me.
If I need to access an external data option I've got the adaptor and with swiFTP on the Tab and Fillezilla on the desktop I can just dump stuff from my desktop onto my Tab over wifi at whatever speed the router can handle moving 10 files at a time.

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Last edited:

ObsidianBlk

May 13, 2011
Acer Iconia A500 16gb

For all intents and purposes, had the same specs as the Xoom (not counting 3/4g) at a better price. Not to mention it had a functional SD card slot and full USB port. When I bought it, it was cheaper than the others and Asus didn't have the stock. Have been in love with this tablet ever since.

Buid is solid, screen is crisp and bright, fits well in my hands... what more could I need? (That's retorical, not a challenge)

spark

Jul 27, 2011
Thats why I like the new lenovo tab coming out on the 23rd of august (but I don't know where yet). It's the only one I know with a dual core processor and (not only soon outdated) SD card slot but also an USB Port (and the HDMI output is also welcome). The digitizer pen might also be useful. However I wonder how much can be achieved with it, if it can be a substitution for pen and paper (for taking notes) or if the quality of the script is just too low or that you couldn't write how you would on paper due to the sleek surface of the tablet. And yes there are more beautiful tablets than this one. See here:
http://shop.lenovo.com/deweb/de/de/learn/products/tablets/thinkpad/#tab-3
What's your opinion (That's not retorical, :))?

ReuvenNY

Jul 11, 2011
I guess I am a bit off topic as I didn't get any tablet yet. But I thought some reasons for holding off will be helpful.
As a Windows computer user I am accustomed to certain features I consider crucial. For instance, when I travel I copy daily my pictures to my netbook (for safekeeping) by plugging the SD card into the netbook slot. I also copy data from one computer to another using my USB thumb drive. Those two ports are very important to me.
As a Netflix streaming subscriber I also need to have a HDMI port to connect to my TV.
So when I saw the Toshiba Thrive, I got excited. After playing with it at Best Buy, however, I realized that it's feel bulky and not "sexy" - not different enough from my netbook. So my enthusiasm was curbed...
Now I am looking at the Lenovo ThinkPad - has the ports, better Gorilla glass + extra features.
As I wait more I realized that the Android tablet market is so new and evolving, that the dust didn't settle yet. Asus and Acer are coming now with second generation tablets, and even Lenovo's, being a bit late, has some improvements not found yet on the older units.
So my bottom line is this: I'll wait a couple of months (not much more) before making a decision. $400 - $500 will not make me poor, but I hate wasting money on a product I'll not be happy with.

excellentjim

Jun 10, 2011
Asus EEE Pad Transformer - With Keyboard dock. I love this thing. With a MicroSD on the Pad and full size SD on the dock. Two USB ports, HDMI, and did I mention . . . a KEYBOARD and Touchpad! This thing rocks. The price was lower than any other, and I think I got more for the money. Screen is Fantastic. It's a little heavy and bulky in the hand, and the cameras are almost useless. I can live with that as my phone has an 8MP camera anyway. The keyboard gives a lot more functionallity with a top row of Control Buttons that bring lots functions right to your fingers. I've very happy with my choice (can you tell). :)

MikeAnthony

Jul 26, 2011
I went to best buy several times to figure out which one I wanted also. Tough decision. I love the xoom tho. Only thing is,no touch sense? :(

Sent from my Xoom using Android Tablet Forum

Yeah, I went to best buy maybe three times before i decided on the galaxy tab 10.1. I dont know what it is about this thing. I've held all the different tablets in my hand, ipad 2 included, and i just couldnt put this thing down. I actually liked the xoom. It seems cool but the 10" galaxy just forced me to buy it. I did my research online, side by side comparisons, physically holding them, playing with them and this is what I settled on. I couldn't be happier.

And definately glad I didnt settly for the ipad 2 which is the same price as the galaxy tab (10.1).

edit: oh yeah, and I forgot to mention. The flash is what made me decide over the ipad 2. As far as the xoom and other tablets, it came down to feel for me. The galaxy just felt "right."

:)

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Rueven.. The Xoom would be perfect for you.. You can buy the usb dongle which I did last night for $20.. You can use dropbox app to swap things between computer,xoom and laptop also.. Works awesome..
Excellentjim... I don't know how many people want to spend an extra $150 on that dock.. Personally I didn't like the feel of the Asus and didn't like the look of the copper sides..
MikeAnthony.. The galaxy is nice,but price is steep.. For me it was between Xoom and galaxy,I just loved the looks of the Xoom,how it felt in my hands,where the power button is located and its 1st to get updates.. I knew going in that any tab I got was only temporary until something bettter came out.. I got the best buy buy back plan.. :)

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
I saw the Acer last night and the screen is not as good looking as the xoom,transformer or galaxy.. Its a nice looking tab,just didn't inspire me.. I'm glad you like yours tho...cheers!