Which tablet did you buy and why?

spk2bruce

Oct 19, 2010
I went with the Acer Iconia A500. Couldn't pass up the $100 off coupon from Staples, so I picked it up for $299

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
I used that coupon at best buy,plus I got the buy back program so my Tab will never be outdated.. :)

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
I'm only 14 so this is my first tablet, and my first android device, so I had to research alot. Like others have stated, the Xoom and the A500 are similar, but being 14, I had limited funds,so I got the 32gb A500 from Costco. I had used both at best buy, and when it came down to it, the USB port on the A500 had me sold. The only problem for me is finding apps and the whatnot for this. I just can't find any fun games.. but overall the Tab is great, and I hope to get a Droid sometime soon to look pretty with my A500 :)

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
The games will come,young padawan.. Wow,I could be your dad.. 14..lol I can't remember that far back.. :)

THRMN8R

Aug 3, 2011
I bought the Acer Iconia last week and I'm loving it! Bought it for school and to help test my development career... looking forward to it!

GreenDezine

Aug 3, 2011
I just bought the Galaxy Tab 10.1 What a beautiful device. Very light and thin, and the battery has lasted for a couple days so far. I only wish there were more Honeycomb specific apps on the market.

I highly recommend this for anyone considering another android tablet. If you're curious about the look & feel, Check out my un-boxing video:

Last edited by a moderator:

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Has anyone had the xoom and taken it back for the galaxy..? If so,why?

Feioj

Apr 17, 2011
after alot of research and trips to best buy checking out all the tablets i went with the acer iconia. the reason i went with the iconia was because to the usb port. I have to say being able to plug in a usb drive and play whatever video files , music files, or pictures is huge. but also, being to also offload to a usb to give whatever files from your tab to whomever is a great feature since not all desktops come with sd cards slots but even less come with micro sd card slots. most all desktops come with usb. Aside from that, i liked the solid feel of unit, although it does weigh a bit more than the others, but it's definately no that bad. overall definately happy with the purchase.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
I have the add on usb plug in for the xoom.. So that is a non issue..

spark

Jul 27, 2011
Are you working for Motorola :):):) Just kidding...:)
How do you like that lenovo thing I was talking of? Of course, the weight and the thickness can't challenge the xoom but regarding the other feature it seems to be a cool gadget.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
lol,no I don't work for Motorola.. I'm still confused if I'm gonna keep it or try a Galaxy..

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
What really sounds cool is the Lenova Thinkpad, sounds like it will be a little more expensive than the Ideapad but may have a digitizer built into the screen. Seems I read somewhere the Thinkpad will have 2gigs of ram instead of the now standard 1.

Sent from my GT-P1010 using Android Tablet Forum

jrsunshine

Aug 4, 2011
I have considerable experience with computers and this little nextbook premium 7 is causing me to go nuts. I cannot figure out how to get it on line and docking it?
Please help, I've had this for 3 days and can't get it going. Help.....jrsunshine

Last edited: