Which tablet did you buy and why?

Bobo2000

Aug 8, 2011
I bought my Elsse Internet Tablet 7" Inch 3G, Phone, and GPS for 169.99. May sound more expensive, but the dual-core was installed by me. (Well by a friend who works with Amazon) And know it's installed with Android 3.2.

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
Get the frIcken warranty. Save up for It. These thIngs are too expensIve not to have one. Trust me.
yeah, considering he kinda controls where i spend my money itll be hard, but i will definitely try my best to convince him ill need it haha which warranty do you think would be best? 1year or 2 year?

Last edited:

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Well,I'm assuming your in your teens,so I can see that being a problem,but you need to at least get the black tie 1 yr warranty.. And he can say its a rip off,but if anything .. anything at all happens ,you get a new one.. Then I don't think its so stupid. I don't care how careful you are,accidents happen..

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
yeah, i agree and since this is my last year of high school , i just know some moron will break it somehow, so would it be possible to get a warranty after purchasing it? or does it have to be done right then and there?

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
I'm pretty sure you have 30 days to purchase the warranty.. Just don't forget to.. I'd probably save up and get it at the same time.. But that's just me.. There are some things I wouldn't get a warranty on,but anything expensive is getting one just for a piece of mind.. That right there makes it worth it.. Trust me,you don't want to have to deal with Samsung if something breaks on it..

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
ok, and i also plan on getting a nice protective case for it haha just to make sure its going to last as long as i want it to haha

Mike02z

Jul 5, 2011
Not sure why some people think the Best Buy buy back program is a good deal....You pay for it up front then you only get 40% back? I buy a tablet for 449 and I keep it 7 months and Best Buy gives me 179 back? How is that a good deal? I'm also giving them money up front so they can screw me again in 7 months? I sold my iPad one a year after I bought it and got $600 for it and I paid $799.

I also don't like Best Buy warranties. Too expensive for what you get. I use Square Deal and they just give you your money back, most of the time, if you have a problem. Purchased a $1000 Kenwood DVD system for my car. 16 months later it died. I called Square Deal, shipped in back and had check for the full purchase price in 7 days. The 3 year plan only cost me 79 bucks and you can get a prorated refund at any time during the warranty. Best Buy will sell you a warranty and tell you it covers the world. Then you have an issue and they tell you it has to go back to the manufacturer and you wait 4-6 weeks. You buy a Best Buy warranty because you don't want to deal directly with the manufacturer? Guess what, you now put Best Buy between you and the manufacturer as that is who they send it to for repairs anyway. Pass.

I agree you might want a warranty for your tablet but I would never get a Best Buy warranty again. Just my opinion though. YMMV :)

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
then where would you suggest i get it?

and doesnt samsung give you a one year warranty? if Samsung gives me a one year warranty, why get best buy's? i mean if i get a case i feel as though it would be hard to damage it...plus, i have yet to mess up a laptop (and a tablet it a case is tougher than a laptop, according to what my friends ipad has gone through...) so... idk if ill get best buys warranty since Samsung gives a one year warranty...

Last edited:

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Some of that is true and some isn't.. You get 50% back within 6 months,40% after 6-1 yr.. Also,best buy is not going to send it in for repair.. I've been dealing with best buy forever and they have never done that to me.. With the black tie warranty they will exchange it on the spot! If your younger,then maybe it wouldn't pay to do that if your funds are low,but I make enough money where I'm going to make sure certain things I buy are covered..

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
yeah, i mean to me, if Samsung gives you a warranty (sure, you gotta send it in, but to be honest, i dont mind waiting a bit) i might as well use it rather then spend 100$ extra for a best buy warranty... but we will see haha thank you all so much for your help! i am very appreciative and im thinkin im gonna stick around this forum, considering how kind everbody is.

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
I wouldn't count on Samsung.. I've save up the $100 to get the warranty so I can just swap it out.. They aren't going to send it to Samsung and if your in question,ask them.. They have cheaper warranties that don't cover everything.. But even if my Boxer pup gets to mine they will replace it.. Personally ,that give me more of a piece of mind..

jeme223

Aug 7, 2011
yeah, i understand, and if i manage to express to my dad how the warranty is worth it and get him to let me spend my money on it, ill get it, but he has always seen them as a waste (especially a 100$ one....) soo yeah haha, but i feel like a nice case will work great for me... do you know of any good protective cases? i think im gonna need one with or without the warranty...

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
Its funny how people like your dad think they are a waste until the thing breaks.. Like I said,my Xoom bricked on me.. If that happened to you 6 months from now,you will be the one making your dad eat crow.. These things are too expensive not to get one.. Like I said,a piece of mind..

Mike02z

Jul 5, 2011
Some of that is true and some isn't.. You get 50% back within 6 months,40% after 6-1 yr.. Also,best buy is not going to send it in for repair.. I've been dealing with best buy forever and they have never done that to me.. With the black tie warranty they will exchange it on the spot! If your younger,then maybe it wouldn't pay to do that if your funds are low,but I make enough money where I'm going to make sure certain things I buy are covered..

At 7 months you get 40% back. That is 179 on a 449 device. No matter how you spin that, it is too low in my opinion and on top of that you are paying additional for the privilege of getting a low ball trade in. Not that it matters, but I'm 44 years old and make well into 6 figures (but I spend more than I make most years :))so it is not a monetary reason why I don't like Best Buy's warranties or their trade in program. I just don't like getting the run around and told one thing when I buy a warranty then another when I have an issue and need it taken care of. I also don't like getting a low ball trade in number then paying additional for it.

Maybe this "black tie" warranty is new and better than their older warranties but how much is that on a 449 device? I got my Square Trade (had Square Deal in my last post) warranty for 79.99 for 3 years after a 30% discount. Oh, and that covers accidental damage as well. I gotta believe that the Best Buy "black tie" warranty would be more costly but Xoom1 probably knows a lot more about that then I do. I was screwed by a Best Buy warranty twice in the past and that has left a bad taste in my mouth so I'm not likely to ever use their warranties again. As I said before, to each his/her own.

On the whole warranty issue, I have a friend that says all warranties are a waste of money. His point is if you can afford to replace the item then a warranty is useless. I don't always agree on that, as I have found that when I buy a warranty my stuff rarely ever breaks but when I don't, things always break and usually right after the warranty expires :( I do agree that sometimes a warranty will give you piece of mind.

I don't mean to beat a dead horse here, and if you like the Best Buy buy back program that is great. Just seems like it is being way oversold for some reason. It is just not that great a deal in my view when you compare it to other options.

Last edited:

Xoom1

Jul 27, 2011
that's great you went with square deal, but I don't want to have to send my stuff out. maybe you should try another best buy. I don't plan on keeping this galaxy past 6 months.