Which Tablet for My Need?

chicknstrips

Nov 29, 2012
I'm in the market for a tablet due to a CPA review course I'm taking. The tablet I get needs to be able to read a USB flash drive that holds all the video lectures for the course. I would preferably like to get something as cheap as possible but will have no problem streaming the videos, some of the videos are 5 hours long. I am also willing to spend up to $300 but would rather not if I can get a tablet for $100 that will play the videos just as good.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Robyski

Mar 14, 2012
Chicknstrips,

If you're new to Tablets and Android, consider the Google Nexus 7 or the Amazon Kindle Fire HD. Both are 7" (1280 x 800) screens, 16GB storage, WiFi and Bluetooth wireless, and are available for about $ 199. The Nexus 7 has a few extras like a quad-core processor, GPS, and it's a few ounces lighter, so it's my preference.

The CNET website has a good side-by-side comparison Kindle Fire HD vs. Nexus 7: Which one is right for you? | Android Atlas - CNET Reviews

One issue might be your external USB drive. Neither of these tablets has a full-size USB port, but they do have a micro-USB port. There are micro-to-full USB adapters available for $2 - 10.

There are cheaper Android Tablets out there, $129 - 179, but some require some "tweaking" to make them more user-friendly.

Happy shopping!

Robyski

chicknstrips

Nov 29, 2012
I'm fine with using an adapter, so the software on the nexus should have no problem playing my videos through my thumb drive?