Which tablet supports charging through microusb (or any non-proprietary charger) ?

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Discussions' started by sandys, Aug 5, 2012.

1. sandys

sandys Member

hi - I'm looking to buy an Android tablet where my most important criteria is battery related : good battery life and ability to buy new chargers. I dont want to end up with my charger conking off after a couple of months and I'm unable to procure it locally.
    Preferably, I would have wanted a microusb based charger - but if that is too much of a constraint, I will go for any standard charger like Galaxy Tab charger compatible (just a thought).

any ideas ?

P.S. It has been claimed that Cube U30GT and other models are usb charging compatible, but there is a thread on whirlpoolforums that proves that it is not the case.

2. mikee

mikee Member

Tablet / Device:
    Samsung galaxy tab 2 7.0
    I'm a bit of an android tablet noob myself but I'll see if I can help.

do you care what version of android it runs?

A few options I can think of are the google nexus 7 ( best price to quality)
    Lenovo Ideapad A1 (Dated and running android 2.3 on a cortex a8 cpu) (cheap and charges over usb)

I started a similar thread to recommend me a tablet and this was a criteria I have as well for chargers. However both those tablets don't fit my particular criteria but maybe they'd be ok for you.

3. geofferyh

geofferyh Member

Tablet / Device:
    PiPo M8Pro-3G, PiPo U1, SuperPad (Flytouch 2)
    Virtually any Android Tablet that features a "Mini-USB" port will meet your USB charging capability. If you purchase any single or multiple USB AC Charger with a USB-A to Mini-USB cable your good to go. They all provide 5 VDC output for charging cellphones and tablets. Typically and from a technical point of view, good battery life is related to "how you treat them." All tablets are now l-ion and need to be "formed" when they are new and fresh. This means charge them up to at least 90% the first time. Let it rest (cool down). Charge it again for maybe an hour or two. Let it rest. If you do this, you will eventually reach 100% of charge. Now you can re-charge to 100% at each charging session. However, remember the cardinal rule of l-ion batteries, "try to not let it fall below 50% of charge to often". They do not like to "get real hot". And, that's what happens when you run them way down, then back to full charge in one charging session.

4. SpeMall.com

SpeMall.com Senior Member

Hi sandys, welcome to the forum!
    you can use the USB cable to for charging for sure!
    the Cube U30GT (Original version)is on a special sale in our site for ONLY $229.99 + free screen protector shipped! welcome to order! :)