Which Tablet To Buy?

draddict74

Apr 23, 2012
Hey guys!

First off, I want to say hey to you all, I'm new here and I hope to become a Tablet Owner in the next couple of months...

I'm trying to find a tablet on a bit of a budget so something that costs no more than £120 or I'm in financial trouble lol! I would love a Samsung Galaxy (as I am thinking of swapping my iPhone for one soon) but they are way out of my price range!

My reasons for getting a tablet are for watching MP4 and MKV backed up movies on planes and trains etc, taking to client meetings to show them work that I have done (I'm a web/graphic designer and tkaing a tablet would be so much handier than lugging my old Toshiba laptop around), playing games and also music and perhaps using it as an eReader and Word Document editor (can you get PDF readers and Word with Android tablets?). My 4 year old will no doubt use it to watch films and play games, she loves to draw so a good picture package would be awesome.

The 4 I have seen in my price range that appeal so far are these (apologies for the ridiculously long links):

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B006RZT7GA/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&m=A36TKWH9VBZ77I - I do like this...

Tabtech M7 16GB 7" Google Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) Tablet PC with Multi-Touch CAPACITIVE touch screen (supports Flash 10.3 latest version - BBC iPlayer & Youtube etc) - working Android Market - Samsung 1GHz Processor - 2MP Camera: Amazon.co.uk: Comp

CloudNine Neuropad2 Tablet - Now with Android 4.0 Tablet - 2180p HD Superslim 7" 5 point touch Capacitive Android Tablet with A10 1.5GHZ processor NOW WITH 8GB Memory - Comes with Facebook, a 720p Youtube player and Skype preinstalled.: Amazon.co.uk:

NATPC M009S 8GB Capacitive Android 4.0 (ICE CREAM SANDWICH) , 7" , 1.6 GHz Super Slim Android Tablet PC with Responsive Capacitive Screen - Flash Player 11.1 - Compatible with BBC iPlayer / Youtube / Amazon Kindle / Facebook - HD 2160P - now with 8GB - This one might be my favourite I think, just because of the better specs.

Anyway, ANY advice and help you guys can give me at this stage will be GREATLY appreciated! I am very new to all things Android but I hear great things so am willing to take the plunge, as I said earlier I am also thinking of ditching the iPhone in favour of a Android phone... Will post looking for the pros and cons on here shortly!

Thanks!

Apr 19, 2012
I see you mentioned a daughter using it also, bad idea. Buy her a cheap one of her own. Children have been known to drop these on a regular basis. Or plan on it not functioning for long. An Asus Transformer with accessories (the one I'm using) will do the job. I have over $850 invested in mine. I cannot imagine handing it to a child to destroy. I do use mine in a business and no one touches it but me. It's called quality assurance...PS most tablets in the links would not be adequate for what you wish to do.

Last edited:

draddict74

Apr 23, 2012
lol fair enough, she'd only use it under my strict supervision on the plane anyway! But I was thinking of getting her a cheap one...

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Check out teclast p85hd 8" tab at redtabletspc.com. only £85 & free goodies also.' Dhl fast delivery & its still under £100. Good specs. I was tempted to buy one of these before deciding on a bigger screen tab. Well worth a look at least. Might still get one for my son yet. -at that price, I've seen tab alone at over £100.

Sent from my M9701 using Android Tablet

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
As foryour Daughter, onda vw610 same site /only £58 also has good enough specs for you to play with (if she'll let you :) )

Tanzanite

Jan 14, 2012
Interesting choices -I don't know most of the tablet, which just shows that this is a vibrant market. I do know Ployer and that is a fair tablet.

I do think that it will meet most of your requirements and with a little tweaking all of them.

rginarizona

Apr 23, 2012
Don't waste your money on these Junk knock off Tablets, they breakdown, won't boot up, freeze
and I could go on for ever, they are just plain crap. I own the Mid M806S, its junk.
Put your money on a proven product, you will be alot further ahead. If you read through this Forum
you will see many people with common problems with their Knock-off tablets made in China.
The OS says Android but its not the Full State of the Art Android OS. You know what China does
with DVD's and CD's right?? they copy them and re-sell them as legit music and movies...Ron

sidsnow1977

Feb 22, 2012
That's pretty negative for your first post Ron!

I have an Ainol Aurora, mine is very good but needed some tinkering. Plenty of info here or on slatedroid.com.
I have also used the Samsungs and the new Acer 100. All very good but much more expensive.

Have a read around here and see which tablets are supported and talked about.

Si

Sent from my HTC Desire using Android Tablet Forum

Last edited:

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hi draddict74, you can take a look at our Android Tablet PC, maybe you'll find something of your interest there. And just as sidsnow1977 said the Ainol novo 7 Aurora (which he's bought from us) maybe one of the best choice! it's for £ 105.44 in our site now. hope you can find what you want! :)

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Some people seem to expect ipads for pennies. The chinese market is getting better & most now are very good for the money. You can get ips screens for around £130+ & cpu's now becoming dual core also. As for junk. Where do you think half of the bigger branded name tabs are made? As long as you buy from a respectable seller like those supported on this forum, you can have good tabs for a lot less money these days. Not only that but its starting to have the effect on branded goods pricewise. That has to be good news.

draddict74

Apr 23, 2012
Hi draddict74, you can take a look at our Android Tablet PC, maybe you'll find something of your interest there. And just as sidsnow1977 said the Ainol novo 7 Aurora (which he's bought from us) maybe one of the best choice! it's for £ 105.44 in our site now. hope you can find what you want! :)

Both very nice but my biggest problem is price, and with my other choices I could use Amazon and more importantly, £30 worth of vouchers lol! Unless you guys are on Amazon????

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Goto redtabletspc.com & type in teclast p85 in search bar, or go to redtabletspc forum page under supporting vendors & look for their thread for that tab.