Which tablet to buy?

rapidred

Nov 29, 2012
Thanks for the great forum! Looking for some advice on which tablet would best suit my requirements.

I am looking for a tablet (preferably 10.1". but smaller is ok) for a wall mounted display application.

The tablet will always be connected to power, and will need to be always-on and always on-line (Wifi/ethernet only, no other data connection needed).

It will always run the web browser, displaying information that will be periodically refreshed. Occasionally, users may interact with the application clicking some links on the page.

This seemed simple enough. I looked around and found a low cost Android tablet in China. I bought a couple of these, but had very bad results. Problems ranged from wireless connection dropping off every few hours, touchscreen becoming unresponsive, to tablet turning off and needing rebooting after 10-12 hours of operation.

I guess the always-on and always-online requirements mean I have to get something more reliable. Any suggestions?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
You didn't state a budget but if you are looking for mainstream reliability and support the Nexus 10 seems to be your best starting point. Nexus 10

wandaboyce

Nov 29, 2012
I just bought the Samsung Note 10.1 . I like it, I had the iPad but was limited. I have the Samsung s3 phone.