Which tablet

PabloEscobar

Aug 14, 2012
Im getting my gran a tablet but im not sure which to get because there are SO MANY!

I dont have a tablet myself so thought I could be pointed in the right direction from this forum :)

She would only be using it for streaming movies, reading books general internet browsing.

She doesnt need:
She doesnt need a quad-core, a single core would be enough.
loads of RAM
camera of any sort (although a low resolution on the back wouldnt be a negative, just not a necessary)

She does need:
reletivley ok screen resolution
capacitive screen
internal 3G - she doesnt have the internet in her house, so were going to use a sim card to stream movies)

Thanks for any help or advice, as im sure you can understand as a non tablet owner, there are a lot to choose from and a lot of manufacturers, so im asking from help from the experts!

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Right off the bat you are going to need a cellular provided and supported tablet.
That is a given if 3G is needed. This will also come with a monthly fee and probably a minimum of a two year contract for the cellular service.

http://www.zdnet.com/blog/mobile-news/like-3g4g-with-that-android-tablet-no-thanks/3665

Copy and paste the URL above in to your browser and read the article if it is not a link. I'm on a tablet and copy and paste is alien to me on these things so I was lucky to get that much done, if it is a link it was a miracle.
Be sure to check out any linked articles on the page as well.
Being that you will need a 3G model I will stop on this post and let someone who knows those devices comment.
Good luck.

Last edited:

PabloEscobar

Aug 14, 2012
I can get a Giff Gaff sim only contract for £10 that comes with (actually) unlimited data and its a one month only contract so that shouldnt be a problem :)