Which tablets already have ICS?

geniedaniels

Jun 14, 2012
I already have an acer tab a500 which has made me very sad....its broke and out of warranty because I bought it refurbished. The cost to fix it is almost as much as i paid for the thing in the first place. I've bought other items refurbished that are still running strong with no issues, so the fact that it was refurbished is not upsetting to me. I should have bought the extended warranty that was offered when I purchased......oh... well....

Anyway, I am looking to purchase another tablet but don't think i want another tab 500 (not sure yet). All I do know,without a doubt, is that I want another tablet that has already received the updates for ICS or comes with it out the box. I will be buying a brand new one this time. I just need some help. ICS is the only requirement I'm insistent on. With all the suggestions i receive, I will be comparing specs and going to my local electronics store to physically touch the ones i like the best. And i WILL be buying the extended warranty this time around!:D

thanks for the help!!!

tazz3

Feb 23, 2012
well the asus tf 300 and 201 prime have ics right out of the box.ics on my 300 runs fast and smooth

Kingsman

Oct 31, 2011
I have an Upgraded Zenithink C91. My Wife has an Idolian TouchTab 10, and I have a friend who has a XOOM. All three are running, and came installed with ICS 4.03. Though the Zenithink and the Idolian are physically identical except for the placement of the camera. The Zenithink has better contrast, saturation, and overall greater wide angle visibility than the Idolian.

Oh, and by the way, all three of these came with Google Play Store, and are fully Android Compliant.

Rob

Last edited:

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Well. Its not a big powerful tablet but the ICOO D50 comes with ICS.
It is about 90.00 from Amazon but can be found other places for about the same price. Its a 7 inch tablet, we have two and a third on the way. One is going out as a birthday gift, for such inexpensive tablets they are very good. Check out some of my other posts. One of them gives some details on the D50. ICOO also sells a 9.7 inch tablet as well but I think it is in the 300.00 dollar range.
The D50 is a real deal.

Sent from my AT100 using Tapatalk 2

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Seriously, forums like this are great, you have hundreds of people buying and using every kind of tablet under the sun and giving tips and tricks on them.
The really nice thing is that now we are finally getting some inexpensive tablets with decent specs. For me a tablet does not have to be dual or tripple core and 15 gigs of ram with a 20 terabite ssd and 30 billion pixel screen. Something like the ICOO works just as well and for about 30,000.00 less per unit.

Who would have thought with all the crap tablets that were coming here from China, that China would actually take the lead in producing reliable/workable tablets for a really good price.

kethan

Dec 20, 2010
Seriously, forums like this are great, you have hundreds of people buying and using every kind of tablet under the sun and giving tips and tricks on them.
The really nice thing is that now we are finally getting some inexpensive tablets with decent specs. For me a tablet does not have to be dual or tripple core and 15 gigs of ram with a 20 terabite ssd and 30 billion pixel screen. Something like the ICOO works just as well and for about 30,000.00 less per unit.

Who would have thought with all the crap tablets that were coming here from China, that China would actually take the lead in producing reliable/workable tablets for a really good price.

Well said

Sent from my HTC HD7 Pro/+ using Tapatalk 2

Androidfonefan

Jan 14, 2012
Now the Nexus tab comes with a updated version of ICS 4.0 to 4.1. This new updated version of Android ICS 4.1 is only available in Nexus and not even in Samsung.

Yes but the Nexus has no expandable memory and no ports. It is a brick like the Kindle fire and the Ipads in the respect that the memory you get at the time of purchase it ALL you get. If you want anything more you HAVE to go cloud. Personally I don't like the idea.
No hdmi, no sd card slot, no flash, and other things. Some people dont have a problem with these limits and continue to praise the google nexus as the second coming of christ but it is really nothing more than a supped up Kindle Fire with JB Android on it.
Oh and by the way the updated os is JellyBean not an updated ICS, or so says the Nexus god Google. and since it is their OS I would think they would know.