White Screen of Death?

dracofred

May 16, 2011
I am trying to help one of my friends that bought a Gentouch78 from someone off Craigslist. I've been Googling and looking through this forum for similar problems as this one but was unsuccessful.

The tablet will turn on to a white radiant screen. That's all it will do, however I've been tinkering with it and found that I can see/get to the files on it using adb, and it will go to recovery mode (confirmed by adb) through the home+power combination, but without the screen I can't choose a factory reset or a recovery flash. when I try to flash the recovery image using adb the tablet never reboots, it just turns off.

Does anyone have any suggestions on saving this thing or should I just give up?
any help is appreciated.

daveloves

Apr 1, 2012
Hi, Not sure if this will help and surly your buyer won't want to even think of doing this but every tablet i have bought with the white screen issue i have fixed execpt just one and it is a Acre Iconia Tab, which has me stumpted. "Every time it was the cable from the digitizer that was loose and once i took it apart and reconnected the cable and placed a small piece of tape over the connection the problem was resolved" This works well on all the Mid Tablets and the 10" Tablets i have done. All but one. Usually it is a loose cable
Sure hope this helps out. Perhaps you can ask the buyer if he want to perform this task or else send it back to you ship free, and you are able to correct this problem.
Again: most of the time it is the digitizer ribbon cable ( very small brown ) that connects directly to the motherboard. Let me know how this works out.