white screne

spicemon

Apr 11, 2011
hey guys last night i used my kyros 7015 to go on facebook and it was fine now i turn it on and its only a white screen i tried resetting it but it doesn't work it is rooted and on honeycomb i did every thing from this website

any ideas

yes i know i spelled screen wrong

Last edited:

popeye1128

Feb 14, 2011
It doesn't sound good if the hard reset button won't fix it. Have you tried holding the back button and power button on startup to see if you can get the recovery screen? If you can't get to that it sounds like the GPU is toast or the driver files so scrambled they aren't working.

Don't know if it is related at all but my wife got a nasty virus on her laptop while surfing yesterday and I think one of the sites she visited was Facebook.

ULTRAMAN1

Dec 2, 2010
My X5A had a white screen on Sat. night so I left it unplug and it ran out of battery so then I hook it up and re-booted and everything was ok.

LarryS

Feb 19, 2011
If you can get to Recovery, use both factory reset & cache delete on the main page, then Dalvik cache clear & battery stats reset on the Advanced page. Silver button for back to the main page & reboot. IF you have a system it will boot you into the original basic.
Goodluck!

Sent from my Kyros 7015 using the Android Tablet Forum App powered by Tapatalk.

Jory76

Apr 18, 2011
Someone else was having this problem over at XDA. I am pretty sure they had to crack it open and reseat the video ribbon cable.

spicemon

Apr 11, 2011
ok it is now dead but when i reboot it still doesn't work i lot the warranty papers so im out of luck is there any way i can restore it to factory data using the computer only?

BKenney

Dec 10, 2010
If its the internal hardware (like the video ribbon), restoring to factory setings won't do anything.

Do a forum search there should be a thread on using adb via a PC to do a factory reset.

Sent from my MID7015A

MichaelC

Feb 23, 2011
ok it is now dead but when i reboot it still doesn't work i lot the warranty papers so im out of luck is there any way i can restore it to factory data using the computer only?

I had a similar problem some time back. The screen went out completely and there were some of those white screen moments. I got ADB running and Fastbooted the system back to factory setting (I think) before sending it off to Coby, 6 weeks later I got a new (or new referb) one back. I think dinking around with the software is not so bad, but if you crack it open looking for that ribbon cable the warranty will be void.

Call Coby tech support and start with them they will want to take you through a few trouble shooting steps. Other than the wait for my replacement, I was happy with the way they handled my issue.

Last edited: