Who Has a MID7022?

Shakenbake158

Aug 3, 2011
Well I can pick up a MID7022 for $110 shipped, and am wondering if its worth it. I already have an Iphone, but I kind of wanna try out Android before I really spend some money on something more expensive. So if you have one of these tablets, how do you like it? Do games perform well?

0TechNinja0

Jul 22, 2011
First, where did you get one for $110? Second, these tablets are amazing. The hardware is outstanding for the price, and it has played/ran anyhing I have thrown at it.

Sent from my MID7022 using Android Tablet Forum

Shakenbake158

Aug 3, 2011
First, where did you get one for $110? Second, these tablets are amazing. The hardware is outstanding for the price, and it has played/ran anyhing I have thrown at it.

On Ebay, do you think it is good for a first tablet?

0TechNinja0

Jul 22, 2011
It is a great tablet. It is my 5th. The only thing I don't like is how quickly the screen rotation works. Everything else is top notch.

blyyat

Aug 23, 2011
Screen quality is not great, but everything else seems good ... plays netflix, youtube smoothly. Once you install Android Market (does not come on it, must do google search to find hack) on it, you are pretty much good to go.

However, I would not recommend it for first time Android tablet. Get something with better quality screen. But, then again, if your only paying $110, it's not like it is a big loss or anything.

promek1

Feb 25, 2011
Tipster has managed to make a patch for the 7022

make sure your rooted with CWM installed!!!
WARNING: Please ask if it is compatible first with the ROM you have

Key Feature Points in GB 2.3.4 GBV2055W 160dpi
Default is now 160dpi can be also change easy to 190dpi or 200dpi
Added JIT Support
Turbo Booster
3x faster applications, richer game graphics and better battery life to Android

Added GB 2.3.4 Coding
Added Volume Max and Mic NR
Tweaked Performance
Locked Rotation Dual Band
Added Google Database to Help Install Apps that didn't install prior under Market also gives Market Hit Ratio of 99.8%
This version will remove Bloatware but not remove Live Wallpaper

Go here:Log in

HeavyKevy

Oct 10, 2011
Thank you very much. Now, my new problem is that it says I don't have any devises. I don't have an Android phone, just the 7022. I can't tell at this time if it's actually downloading or not.

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Thank you very much. Now, my new problem is that it says I don't have any devises. I don't have an Android phone, just the 7022. I can't tell at this time if it's actually downloading or not.

Do you have Market on your 7022? If yes, it will work if you download using the Market on your tablet. You must use Market version 2.x. If you have a newer one, you have to change LCD density to 160, clear Market data in Settings -> Applications, reboot and re-open Market.

Some of these programs can also be downloaded from their websites, getjar.com or freewarelover.com, you may want to check them out first.

PS: if you follow daspropescta tutorial to install Market, you my want to remove all apps and do it again, but do not install MarketUpdater.apk.

KarenBCN

Oct 27, 2011
I am a tablet virgin but am looking at a Coby 7022 & 7012 and can see no difference at all, except the price (about $25). Both have Android 2.3. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? What I'm looking for is something that picks up wi fi easily (the tablet I'm about to return keeps dropping the signal in my home), that will allow me to check internet e-mail and Twitter when I'm on the road (at hotspots), that will let me stream TV shows from sites like hulu.com, & that I can use as an e-reader. Can anyone explain? Thank you.

Last edited:

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I am a tablet virgin but am looking at a Coby 7022 & 7012 and can see no difference at all, except the price (about $25). Both have Android 2.3. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? What I'm looking for is something that picks up wi fi easily (the tablet I'm about to return keeps dropping the signal in my home), that will allow me to check internet e-mail and Twitter when I'm on the road (at hotspots), that will let me stream TV shows from sites like hulu.com, & that I can use as an e-reader. Can anyone explain? Thank you.

Here is a (very short) review of 7012:
Coby Kyros MID7012, 7 inch Android tablets | Gadget Review Specs

Coby's USA official page for 7022:
Kyros™ Internet 7" Capacitive Touchscreen Tablet | COBY

I'd go for 7022 because it seems to have a better processor (1GHz vs 800MHz) and it's well known.

TheDroid13

Aug 14, 2011
The 7022 only recognizes 2 points,unsure if it is hardware or software related

Sent from my 7022