Who Has a MID7022?

TechNick

Oct 30, 2011
I am a tablet virgin but am looking at a Coby 7022 & 7012 and can see no difference at all, except the price (about $25). Both have Android 2.3. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two? What I'm looking for is something that picks up wi fi easily (the tablet I'm about to return keeps dropping the signal in my home), that will allow me to check internet e-mail and Twitter when I'm on the road (at hotspots), that will let me stream TV shows from sites like hulu.com, & that I can use as an e-reader. Can anyone explain? Thank you.

There is a night/day difference between the 7022 and the 7012. The 7022 features a capacitive multi-touch screen, 512MB RAM, and an ARM Cortex A8 while the 7012 uses a resistive display, 256MB RAM, and an ARM11 CPU. This gives the 7022 multi-touch capabilities such as pinch to zoom, and the Cortex A8 CPU is much more powerful than the ARM11 so the tablet as a whole is much faster. (not to mention it has double the RAM)

I honestly wouldn't even consider the 7012 for anyone aside from young children. The speed difference is too great and losing multitouch can be crippling to some apps that depend on it.

aduran

Dec 19, 2011
I just purchased the Coby Mid 7022 for my 6 year old son and have a couple questions. 1. Is the Android Market already installed on the tablet and 2. How do I install Netflix on it? Thank you all so much in advance for your help!

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
I just purchased the Coby Mid 7022 for my 6 year old son and have a couple questions. 1. Is the Android Market already installed on the tablet and 2. How do I install Netflix on it? Thank you all so much in advance for your help!

1. Nope, it isn't.
2. You can install Android Market using one of the available tutorials, or try installing other much simpler app markets like GetJar, SlideME or Amazon's (USA only AFAIK). It's as simple as going to their websites using the built-in browser, download an apk, install, register and use. I think Netflix is available at least on Amazon's:
Amazon.com: Netflix: Appstore for Android