Who is enjoying their tablet??

GWhizzer

Feb 21, 2011
Got my Cruz Reader. Functional, but a little slow out of the box. Overall was satisfied. Upgraded firmware, and much better. OO Much faster and wifi seems better. Battery lasts pretty good. Easily can go for all day without recharging. Overall, I'm pretty happy with it, considering the low cost.

TheMarine

Feb 7, 2011
Do you have the T103? Mine plays mpg and avi files with no problems, really clear. I simply connect it to the PC, and copy the files onto the sd card...

Ray, the Marine...

i've had mine 2 hours and ready to throw it against the wall..it does everything , but what i wanted it for movies and it won't play avi, mp4 even tried an amv from my mp3 player..need help fast...too pissed too sleep

snemiro54

Mar 23, 2011
I am still trying to find a way to check the built-in microphone to see if it works. I would love to add Skype to the table but no luck so far. Has anyone been able to use the microphone with any of the apps? Will the hardware support Froyo? I have not seen any hacks to upgrade to Droid 2.2.

I think that the mic is not there, just the hole.. I bought it following the specs in Tigerdirect and their own manual, which say that there IS a mic.....but I don't think that the mic is there..I didn't open it yet to verify this. The CPU HAS mic capability in the audio block, so if there is no mic, something can be done.

I installed a previous version of skype, but it crashes after the login. Skype says : Upgrade to DROID 2.2 ...yeah....so easy!

Because the cpu is MIPS, looks like there are no plans in the horizon to port newer versions of DROID to that platform ...we are stuck on 2.0 (2.1?).

I think that the performance of the device is not so bad....just the software and the apps....

petedude

Mar 9, 2011
Bought a very lightly used R102 off eBay for $45. Very happy with it so far. Good battery life, even with wifi turned on. Exterior design is nice. . . sized right, weighted right for a "book" and appears to be well constructed.

Minor gripes: memory layout (half of memory used as an internal SD Card? C'mon!). Touchscreen a little difficult to navigate in eBook software (right/left page flips) but that might be a calibration thing.

Wedwed

Aug 28, 2012
I bought my Tablet 5 days ago (Cruz T103)....

It had a slow start, I thought the device was very sluggish BEFORE I found out about
the update on the Velocity Micro site. I updated my T103 and since then it has been all uphill.

We all know it will not natively support the Android market. I guess Google just hates
the idea of making money by selling us apps...go figure..LOL..

Besides this minor issue, I have enjoyed using my device over the last 5 days.

I have watched an epidose of SGU (AVI files which play fine) as well as a few epidodes of Pinky and the Brain. :)

I took the tablet to breakfast with me this morning that had Wifi access and was able to do most things just fine. It could not access Snapfish, though. That website is just too graphic intensive for the T103. But, a few other wibsites that I thought it would not be able to handle, it actually handled those sites suprisingly well. This is using Skyfire 3.0.

This device replaced my Eken m001 that I bought about a year ago. I found that device a novelty and the only really useful thing it could do was check e-mail. For anything else, I found the Eken about un-usable. But for $80.00, I had to check it out for myself.

I paid 3x the price for the T103 than I did for the Eken. And was happy to do so.
I find the T103 very useful and I especially like its small size.

Now, to just find a DOCK for this thing....
---------------------------------------------------------------------
HI!

I bought my Cruz T408 (which runs on Gingerbread 2.3) almost a year ago and was happy using it as e-reader & to check e-mails & view Live Streaming on my favorite radio stations. All is well until I discovered that Arabic (that's my mother tongue) is not displayed properly -unless it's in pdf. About a month ago, Sprint sent an upgrade to my Samsung Galaxy SII phone which also originally had Gingerbread. Lo & behold, the problem with Arabic was fixed with the Ice Cream Sandwich upgrade on the phone. So, I decided to install it on the tablet as well because the screen size is more readable than the smaller one of the phone.

I'm a PC user and had very little exposure to Linux/Android. But I found by googling the subject that I need to root it before I can do anything with the OS, and found several useful articles & a YouTube video to show how to do that. Now that I have done that using Gingerbreak.apk, I have SuperUser, ClockWorkMode Recovery, & the Google Market & downloaded ROM Manager, Eoot Explorer & other useful utilities. I also installed apps like Skype, eBay, FaceBook, etc...

My prblem now is finding an ICS ROM that would work with this tablet as my understanding is that not all work for every model. This tablet seems to have a Samsung 1 GHz CPU-S3C6410 1009 ARM or Cortex A8. Can someone tell me which ROM to use without ruining the tablet?

Thanks.