Who's stoked about the Acer Iconia A500 Tablet?

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
LOL! No, you didn't miss anything. I said a FEW more. ;-)

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Gabriel, what do you like best about it, so far? What would you change?

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
Gabriel, what do you like best about it, so far? What would you change?

The tablet is far more advanced than its available software. Honeycomb 3.01 is lagging far behind the capabilities of this device. I'm feeling like an early adopter, LOL.

The mail app is clearly not enough for example. Can't buy apps in the android store! As for the tablet it is very responsive, light, bigger screen than iPad, battery seems to last for long, screen is good, everything feels snappy, camera is good, reads USB, aluminium feels good, looks like it is here to stay!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
Have you tried HD video playback? I have some HD movies I want to play on this thing, just hoping it does it in stride.

Tried just one but it's a matroska file, only supported with rock player, and not specially good. On the other hand YouTube is impressive to watch.

chrisp

Apr 20, 2011
Got one yesterday seems great but we are a bit lacking on the software availability. Only negative is that my exchange account isn't supported from the stock app . Is this the case case for honeycomb in general ? I think there's massive potential for this device though.

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
Got one yesterday seems great but we are a bit lacking on the software availability. Only negative is that my exchange account isn't supported from the stock app . Is this the case case for honeycomb in general ? I think there's massive potential for this device though.

Same happens to me, and smtp support is buggy too. This is a honeycomb issue. Let's hope for 3.02

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
It's good to know about these things from people who are using it real world. There have been a number of reviews as of today (slashgear, which I haven't read yet - and laptopmag, who generally liked it.) I've noticed that for the sites that give it scores (from variously places in the world) the scores all basically match. I think that's a good thing. Again, it gives the user a fair degree of what to expect. I'll be prepared for its (hopefully temporary) shortcomings and can enjoy it for what it is.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/four-things-we-like-about-the-acer-iconia-tab-a500

http://www.slashgear.com/acer-iconia-tab-a500-review-20147156/

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
It's good to know about these things from people who are using it real world. There have been a number of reviews as of today (slashgear, which I haven't read yet - and laptopmag, who generally liked it.) I've noticed that for the sites that give it scores (from variously places in the world) the scores all basically match. I think that's a good thing. Again, it gives the user a fair degree of what to expect. I'll be prepared for its (hopefully temporary) shortcomings and can enjoy it for what it is.

http://blog.laptopmag.com/four-things-we-like-about-the-acer-iconia-tab-a500

http://www.slashgear.com/acer-iconia-tab-a500-review-20147156/

True. Flash is working perfectly while in 3.00, two weeks ago (?), it was still not supported. Let's hope that Google are able to give it a good push in the next months. I believe they are.

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
Google has to, and they know it too. With Blackberry tripping up it's first tablet OS, it's now or never. the popularity of these new tablets (post Xoom) will make Google have more incentive, too, to iron out the bugs.