Who's stoked about the Acer Iconia A500 Tablet?

ithink2020

Apr 18, 2011
At our office we use OWA (Outlook Web App for Exchange). The allows us to setup and external facing website that allows us to connect to our exchange server from outside our network from a web browser. When I setup exchange mail for Android users (2.2), we use the external web address, rather than our internal IP address. I'm just wonder how you are connecting and if there would be difference.

Also, for those that have an A500 already. Is the Docs to Go that comes installed the full version (allows editing) or Lite (view only)?

Thanks!

Nyoto

Apr 21, 2011
At our office we use OWA (Outlook Web App for Exchange). The allows us to setup and external facing website that allows us to connect to our exchange server from outside our network from a web browser. When I setup exchange mail for Android users (2.2), we use the external web address, rather than our internal IP address. I'm just wonder how you are connecting and if there would be difference.

Also, for those that have an A500 already. Is the Docs to Go that comes installed the full version (allows editing) or Lite (view only)?

Thanks!

Docs To Go is in lite version

About to exchange the main problem is that you can only configure IMAP or SMTP mail servers ...

Last edited:

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
I noticed on Acer's website that it says 1080 video playback, with a disclaimer on the bottom of the page saying it's actually 720 until there's a software update on or before June 2011. Has anyone noticed if you have a video that's full HD (1080), will it play at a lower resolution or just not play at all? I'd hate to down-convert my videos just for 1 month before the update rolls out.

Thanks.

chrisp

Apr 20, 2011
There's a tablet version of touchdown that's great for handling exchange accounts

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
OK Gabriel - over 48 hrs (right?) later... any regrets? Wondering if you should have bought the Asus or Xoom? Or are you content with the Acer?

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
OK Gabriel - over 48 hrs (right?) later... any regrets? Wondering if you should have bought the Asus or Xoom? Or are you content with the Acer?

Very happy with the Acer and lots of success with friends and family. Again, the machine is far more powerful than Android 3.01 which is holding it back. I think that would apply to the Xoom as well.

Being able to plug USB is great. SD card also working perfectly. Screen is large and ebooks very readable. Machine is fast and snappy. Graphics with nvidia tegra are amazing and the demo games are totally playable in 3D. Sound is also very good with a Dolby option.

We will only see its true power as Honeycomb and apps evolve and demand more power though. It feels like being an early adopter, which I guess we are!

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Very happy with the Acer and lots of success with friends and family. Again, the machine is far more powerful than Android 3.01 which is holding it back. I think that would apply to the Xoom as well.

Being able to plug USB is great. SD card also working perfectly. Screen is large and ebooks very readable. Machine is fast and snappy. Graphics with nvidia tegra are amazing and the demo games are totally playable in 3D. Sound is also very good with a Dolby option.

We will only see its true power as Honeycomb and apps evolve and demand more power though. It feels like being an early adopter, which I guess we are!

In a way, we are. Android tablets look like they're starting to turn the corner. It'll be interesting to see how ubiquitous they will be a year from now - or if it will continue to be an uphill climb due to lack of standardizing and support. However it goes, I'm hooked.

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
In a way, we are. Android tablets look like they're starting to turn the corner. It'll be interesting to see how ubiquitous they will be a year from now - or if it will continue to be an uphill climb due to lack of standardizing and support. However it goes, I'm hooked.

So am I! LOL

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I don't have the A500 yet and have never used the Xoom but when I had my g-tab, I used Wifi tether with my Evo and it worked beautifully. That's the route I plan to take this time, too. Is your Droid rooted?

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum