Who's stoked about the Acer Iconia A500 Tablet?

sheba611

Apr 22, 2011
I pre-ordered the A500 from Best Buy online the first day it was available. Really excited to get my first Honeycomb tablet. Like the specs especially the full size USB host connector and working microSD. The price is great too at $450 US. Can't wait to get it and try it out. I currently have a Droid X which is rooted and running latest leak of Gingerbread, so I hope there will be a way to root and modify the A500.
:D

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
sheba, I suspect that one day it will be rooted. I've seen very few Android devices that aren't. How easy Acer makes it by releasing the code remains the question.

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Thought you guys might want to know that Best Buy is preparing the Iconias for shipment. I read on another forum where someone got theirs from the store so I called to see if there were any in the stores in my area - there are. However, they cannot release them for sale until the 24th (and they're closed that day!! LOL) I asked could I change my order to pickup in the store (it wasn't an option at time of order) and the agent told me that unfortunately the system won't let her change it because it's being prepared for shipment. Looks like they'll ship them today or tomorrow so I'll have it for Monday. I expect we're all in the same boat...

sheba611

Apr 22, 2011
Thanks Raven for the update. I did not opt for the express shipping but I am hoping I get it sometime next week. I may drop in my local BB next week week to see if the A500 and the Transformer are in stock to compare them.

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Tablet Forum

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
I plan to do the same. I want to put any latent doubts to rest.

Sent from my PC36100 using Android Tablet Forum

ithink2020

Apr 18, 2011
Same here. They are "in stock", but will not be released for sale until Monday as they are closed tomorrow.

I will be picking mine up on Monday!!!

I'll test the teathering then. :D

Sent from my DROID2 using Android Tablet Forum

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I just called my local Best Buy here in Washington State and was told the same thing, ithink2020. After being told they had them in stock, I told her I pre-ordered on the website and wanted to know if I could go pick one up in the store. She asked for my order number and looked it up, then said she had to go ask her manager, then came back on the line and told me they can't be released until tomorrow (24th), but won't be open because it's Easter. She told me I could go pick one up Monday, but call ahead first. I ordered the lowest and slowest shipping, so if they aren't in the process of preparing mine for shipping, looks like I might get it Monday.

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
Hey this is great, together we'll be able to figure out this device. You'll see that we'll have plenty of things to learn and talk about!

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
Sounds good gabriel! I'm looking forward to sharing knowledge with forum members. You have a head start on a lot of us. I can't wait to get mine. It seems like I've been waiting such a long time.

gabrielbcn

Apr 20, 2011
Sounds good gabriel! I'm looking forward to sharing knowledge with forum members. You have a head start on a lot of us. I can't wait to get mine. It seems like I've been waiting such a long time.

Just one more day LOL

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
just one more day lol

sent from my a500 using android tablet forum

Is it Monday yet? Lol I hope Best Buy lets me have it tomorrow, but I wouldn't mind hearing that they can't because it's already been shipped.

Last edited:

ithink2020

Apr 18, 2011
I wish it was Monday too! Going to go pick up mine tomorrow. Come on Monday. Only time I wish it was Momday.

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
I wish it was Monday too! Going to go pick up mine tomorrow. Come on Monday. Only time I wish it was Momday.

I'm happy for you! Unfortunately, I won't be getting mine tomorrow. I pre-ordered online April 9th and just checked my order status and my order is being processed for shipping in 1 to 2 days so they won't let me pick it up at the store tomorrow. I thought if I got to Best Buy right when they opened in the morning, I might have been able to bring one home. I will have to wait until the 28th or 29th to get it. Oh well, as long as I know it's on the way I'm happy. Patience is a good virtue. Have fun with yours! It will be a good Monday for you.

ceramicsaturn

Mar 22, 2011
My order just says "Status: 1 item(s) - Order in process of being fulfilled; Usually ships in 1 - 2 days." Does that mean it won't ship until Tuesday/Wed? God that would suck...

frapshake

Apr 22, 2011
That's exactly what my status says too, so I think it means it will ship tomorrow or Tuesday. I'm hoping tomorrow. Guess it is what it is and we just have to wait.