Why Asus Nexus 7(2012) is Better Than Asus Memo Pad HD 7?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Fir some people the lack of a rear camera or microSD storage on the Nexus is a deal killer. Both of those features are included with the MeMo but the Nexus is still a fine tablet.

AECRADIO1

Nov 7, 2013
Not having a micro-SD card slot is a pain, but with an OTG cable, you can still use the port to attach a flash drive to the N7, it just hangs below, looking like a tail.
I love my N7, it has super fast connection speed, runs JB 4.3, and the display is crystal clear, and easy to view from severe angles.
It came with 32 GB memory (EMMC) which may prove to be difficult to add should the need arise, but I have mine running an unlocked bootloader, but having issues with certain programs acknowledging root.
Busybox installer states I have root, but Titanium Backup and Rom Toolbox 'disagree', and I have the paid version (no matter), but I really wish I could make TB see root so I can edit my backup files.
Bluetooth transfers are fast and painless, as are USB transfers to this computer.
I have not had the chance to play with NFC to date, but soon, I hope!

My wife enjoys being able to watch Netflix streaming video on it, but the speakers are a bit anemic, but okay for a moderately quiet room.
I also have Google Voice for a phone app, and it's easy to set up and get running, but I also have issues with not being able to call the device from our phones, even though we have the configuration set up properly.
I have not tried Z4 Root yet, maybe that will gain proper root access to the device and report it as such also......I'll see about this soon.

The N7 is worth every penny of the $199.00 paid, and I am getting one for my wife for Christmas so she will have no reason to swipe mine (sorry love!).

I would pay close attention to the USB charger though, after the third or fourth charge cycle, mine died, and I obtained an RMA from Asus and returned it, and in fact, it arrived via FedEx this afternoon, all boxed and shiny new!

Last edited: