Why can't I download anything in the marketplace?

Aglobke

Feb 2, 2012
I've tried at least 10 times yesterday and today to download apps from the 'Market' app on my WM8650 tablet.
Usually what happens is I am able to see all the apps but when I go to download one(free apps) and click install,
it then says "Your Item will be Downloaded," then I get a triangle-warning sign that says the download was unsuccessful,

I've also tried using the 'Android Marketplace'(a seperate app) and that doesn't let me even log-in. Can you help? I'm somewhat new at this but I'm generally pretty smart with technology. Is it possible that I need an SD card? I have like 4gb of system memory so that shouldn't be the case.

Specs:
Wondermedia WM8650
Android Version 2.2
Kernal Version 2.6.32.9-default
Build Number generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver 1.5.5-20110920.043830
It says it's up to date.
My personal g-mail account is connected but it says it isn't synced.
Also, I added my dad's g-mail account which has his apps, that too says it isn't synced.
Another thing: everytime I get home and connect to the wifi it says "Google-talk failed to connect with [my account]'
or something like that.

I think this may have to do with the g-mail account I'm using but I can't quite figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank you.

Weebee

Dec 1, 2011
Try downloading a app from amazon. I never had a problem from them. Where I've had problems from other markets.

andersfireman

Feb 8, 2012
Hi

I have the same problem wiht my MID WM8650.
Tried everything but nothing works.
Very strange. :mad::mad:
Anyone have som clues or help???
Have a nice day

kordooz

Mar 14, 2012
I have the same problem, also touch screen is not working at all. i must use a Mouse to use my tablet
holy **** for Chinese tablets.

Rickatatastan

Feb 10, 2012
You could try the solution suggested by Modroid, but it might not work unless you flash:

modroid said:
Connect to wifi/ethernet to get online then do the following.

0. Sign in with your gmail account info.
1. Open the Market and let it fully load. Then press the home button.
2. Go to Settings \ Applications \ Manage \ Running
3. Press "Market"
4. Press "Clear cache" (do not clear data)
5. Press "Force stop"
6. Return to "Settings \ Applications \ Manage \ Running"
7. Press "Google Services Framework"
8. Press "Clear Data"
9. Press "Force Stop"
10. Press home button.
11. Restart Google Market. It should give an error message (this is good)
12. Reboot

userbe1155

Nov 8, 2011
Try loading uberoid rom.you will find advice on how to do it on this forum somewhere. This should give you proper android market. If not follow above thread after rebooting. Amazon appstore is okas is appbrain or applanet but all work better with uberoid rom than stock rubbish. it will improve wifi too. Yes you should have a decent size sd card at least 4gb.

Sent from my WM8650 using Android Tablet

wd9dui

Mar 10, 2012
You may want to do some reading some of the previous posts, I found that by clearing the cache of the application may help. (Manage applications/select app/clear cache/) I was able to get into the market and down load. I have also noticed that the Google market will not always let you down load apps. They don’t like the WM8650…. I have been having very good luck with Android Freeware: Best and Free Software for Android mobile platform they even have angry birds! Hope this helps…
Gary

Tanbw

Apr 2, 2012
I have the same set as you.
Slow . And intended to flash to uberoid 9 firmware 1.3.1 Honeycomb.
But unable to find the Rom File.
Hope member can help.
Thanks

I've tried at least 10 times yesterday and today to download apps from the 'Market' app on my WM8650 tablet.
Usually what happens is I am able to see all the apps but when I go to download one(free apps) and click install,
it then says "Your Item will be Downloaded," then I get a triangle-warning sign that says the download was unsuccessful,

I've also tried using the 'Android Marketplace'(a seperate app) and that doesn't let me even log-in. Can you help? I'm somewhat new at this but I'm generally pretty smart with technology. Is it possible that I need an SD card? I have like 4gb of system memory so that shouldn't be the case.

Specs:
Wondermedia WM8650
Android Version 2.2
Kernal Version 2.6.32.9-default
Build Number generic-eng2.2 Froyo Ver 1.5.5-20110920.043830
It says it's up to date.
My personal g-mail account is connected but it says it isn't synced.
Also, I added my dad's g-mail account which has his apps, that too says it isn't synced.
Another thing: everytime I get home and connect to the wifi it says "Google-talk failed to connect with [my account]'
or something like that.

I think this may have to do with the g-mail account I'm using but I can't quite figure it out. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Thank you.

john196328

Jul 18, 2012
I have the same tablet and android version as the original enquirer and encountered the same problem could not download apps.amazon apps only works in the usa,google play does not recognise device.solution download app from AndroidPIT then you have acess to free apps and pay for apps

cellman

Aug 12, 2012
Hello you are ace i did what you said on my tablet .And it is working again .thanks best bit of advice i have ever read :cool:brgs cellman

kristeltips66

Sep 25, 2010
Try Slideme to download apps. Not as good as the market but works. Also the EOE Market for Chinese version of the Market.

waltt62

Dec 2, 2012
I have the same problem and have tried the suggested path to reboot listed below with no success. Any other suggestions?