why do we get add banners on certain web pages on the bottom of the screen?

suade907

Apr 27, 2011
I've never noticed this on my pc but on the a500 on certain pages i get add banners that have erratic behavior when scrolling down the screen. Has anyone else noticed this? is this a flash thing or could it be a rogue app adding crap to the browser screen?

androidnewb

Jun 22, 2011
If you are using something that is app based and free, it might be displaying some adds. Usually when downloading an app it will give you a box telling you what all it is going to have it's hand in, and the browser may be something a downloaded app chose. I know that a lot of incentive to get ad-free apps usually cost money, it just depends on the users preference.

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I think Suade907 (is that an area code Suade?) is referring to the web browser, not some app.

You often see this when you follow a direct link from, say, Google News to USA Today, such as this one:
Fried Kool-Aid? It joins the list of summer sizzlers - USATODAY.com

The link takes you to the full site, where you will see a sliding bar asking you to friend them on facebook (yeah, right!).
On a regular computer you hardly notice this bar, but it lags on the acer or any android device and often shows in the middle of the page for a while, then drops to the bottom.

Some of these can be really annoying because the "Hide" option is off screen. I write letters to editors when ever I see this kind of stuff and tell them its time to read their own site in a mobile browser the way everyone else does.

If you enter USATODAY from the URL, or a book mark you won't see this because they force you to their mobile site.