Why Honeycomb makes everything so small?

srich083

Sep 15, 2011
Why is all text so small now with the update? I do not see any way to change this. The zoom feature is a joke. If this cannot be addressed then it is time to get rid of the Vizio tablet. I have bigger text on my phone than I do now on the tablet as I am typing this.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

eracer

Nov 20, 2011
I agree, it's ridiculous. What used to be clear to read is now microscopic !!! Don't understand why everyone isn't screaming about this.

sora72

Aug 22, 2011
I actually like the resolution better. I run some Nintendo Emulators and Roms that used to have onscreen controllers that were so big, that they took up some of the playing screen. With the new resolution, the onscreen controllers are out of the way and I can see the game(s) better.

xkchief

Dec 8, 2011
Personally I think its great......Love the new screen and the fact you can now use the Micro card for extra storage......stop and think the real great thing about Honeycomb is that everything runs smoother and faster and Honeycomb is made for tablets and not cell phones

Automate

Nov 15, 2011
Honeycomb was released as a tablet only OS. It was not designed to be used on smaller screens such as phones. At the time it came out, almost all tablets were 9 or 10 inches so this is the size that HC was optimized for. Ice Cream Sandwich on the other hand is designed to work on everything from a small phone to a large tablet. Hopefully Vizio will eventually come out with ICS for the Vizio.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
This is just a screen resolution settings issue not a HC issue. Originally Vizio set the VTab to a really low resolution to make everything big and iPad like. Really it should never have looked like this (I know some people prefer it) given the resolution of the panel they used in it. It is now showing proper resolution you have just gotten use to the larger lower settings.

This is an adjustable parameter in Android (LCD Density) but usually requires root. The other issue is that apps expect certain resolutions so by having the previous resolution on HC there is a much greater chance of apps not showing up in the Market or being listed as incompatible. So you can have bigger items on screen and less apps compatible or more apps compatible and smaller items on screen.

Edit you can try these and see if any work: https://play.google.com/store/search?q=lcd+density&c=apps

Philtablet

Jan 13, 2012
I have no problem with the small print but my browser closes real soon. Android forum is working because it is an ap.

Last edited:

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I have no problem with the small print but my browser closes real soon. Android forum is working because it is an ap.

There are many alternate browsers in the Play store (Market... I hate the name change). See if you like one of those better.

Hedgehog000

Nov 20, 2011
For my aging eyes this does indeed seem a step back. Even setting font to large in settings for this forum doesn't help.

michikade

Mar 15, 2012
I kind of like the new resolution but agree that the text is a hair small. I've had to increase size in Tapatalk to large and kobo to normal (from smallest), but I like it in Dolphin and all the on board Apps. Of course, I'm used to doing everything on my phone so this is still bigger.

I haven't looked at all of my Apps quite yet to see if anything is unusable.

Sent from my Vizio tablet using Tapatalk