Why is Amazon Store app not compatible with vtab1008?

GringoDog

Oct 28, 2011
That's what it tells me when I try to install. Any solutions?

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Android Tablet Forum

Gweevis

Oct 21, 2011
I had the same prob. I downloaded it right from Amazon. Com.

LadyAngler

Nov 16, 2011
Mine is working fine but I think I side loaded the apk from my phone.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

GringoDog

Oct 28, 2011
I think the OP is talking NOT about the Amazon APP store app, which I have installed also, but the Amazon app which lets you browse the Amazon website and purchase video games, electronics, etc. I have to use the web browser for that since the app won't load.

X

Yes, this is exactly what I am talking about. The amazon app store is loaded and working fine.

But the amazon store app (shopping and browsing the amazon site) does not install. Any solutions?

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
Well, I would say that until someone figures out how to get the app to work with the Vizio tab, then the solution is to bookmark amazon.com with your web browser and do all your shopping from the website. Sucks, but it's a workaround.

X

hwood

Nov 17, 2011
I have the same problem. The filename of the app is ATVAndroidClient.apk. When I click on it to install, it gives a parsing error. I have used Dolphin HD to access Amazon Prime Instant videos, however I would much rather install a dedicated and presumably more efficient dedicated app.

Jtpboy

Sep 19, 2011
I installed the Amazon Store App some time ago and it works fine. Took a while to find though. The file name is com.Amazon.mShop.Android.Apk

LadyAngler

Nov 16, 2011
Yeah I see what you mean now. I couldn't get it to install either. I even tried resigning the apk. I did email Amazon customer service. Maybe others should too.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

faithalone

Oct 1, 2011
I am not sure what you mean. I have been using the amazon app store from the beginning and just checked again. I have the latest version and all the apps I have purchased are still there and today the free app is a pool game

I had a problem with another tablet once and used their tech support call back feature. You enter your number and they call you and it was always less than a minute

Good luck!!!

xphyle

Aug 27, 2010
I am not sure what you mean. I have been using the amazon app store from the beginning and just checked again. I have the latest version and all the apps I have purchased are still there and today the free app is a pool game

I had a problem with another tablet once and used their tech support call back feature. You enter your number and they call you and it was always less than a minute

Good luck!!!

Again, you are confusing the Amazon APP store app with the Amazon STORE app. The APP store app is Amazon's equivalent to shopping on the Android Marketplace. The STORE app is equivalent to shopping for goods at WALMART. LOL.