Why is this so complicated? Please help

ceeyahd1

Jun 17, 2011
I have been reading on this forum for weeks trying to decide which 7" tablet to buy and every time I think I found one I read something else that makes me change my mind. I have never had such a hard time trying to figure out what to buy.

I am looking for a 7" ,2.2 , web cam, 512 mb, wifi, flash, would like 1 ghz. would like to root.

What can you guys recommend?

I bought this last week but ended up cancelling the order and requesting a refund yesterday because I read too many complaints regarding this seller, but this seemed like it would be perfect for me if it included the webcam:

Google Android 2.2 7 inch Tablet PC Game Book AMLogic A9-800MHZ-512MB-4GB-HD-Flash 10.1-3D Game - DinoDirect.com

Please give me the top few choices?

Thank you in advance.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
I would like to make be able to make a blanket statement that solves your problem but there really is not a "one-size fits all" solution. First, your price is still at the very low-end for a tablet, so there are a lot people that buy these tablets with high expectations but are disappointed when they get them. Second, there are lot of unscrupulous vendors that advertise tablets that don't meet the requirements or specifications given, this is an unfortunate truth.

Based on what you want, I can only give two recommendations...first; buy from a major vendor so you have some recourse if you are not happy with what you get. Second, try the Sylvania. you should be able to find it for around $150, and it has a great user base and involved community.

Opt

May 25, 2011
If you buy something built by a established manufacturer like Motorola or Samsung you will be much happier in the long run.

Try to remember anyone can order or build a few thousand tablets in China and install Android. Good luck getting any support from re branded devices.

It is really a personal choice that can be determined by budget and needs.

ceeyahd1

Jun 17, 2011
Thank you for your help.

The Sylvania has received bad reviews from a lot of users on a few different things.

Is it worth it to wait a couple of more month or is my budget just too low to buy anything decent?