Why Root?

larryb

Apr 24, 2011
OK, I'm new with the 7015. I like it and it works just fine for me the way it is. I have installed some of the APP's and they work fine for me.

What is the advantage of ROOTING the 7015?

Faster operation, more applications, different operating software???

Larry

Apr 28, 2011
Hey larry,
Rooting just gives u superuser access. You can put different ROMs on the device (tipstir's honeycomb, or L_n's Watery and a few others) But roms are merely cosmetic. I heard that the honeycomb rom is a little faster. Also u can install the actual google android market, which gives u the full market, so u technically can get more apps, and easier access to them. Those are just a few reasons to root.

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
I can tell you that the HoneyComb ROM is much faster for me. Also, I like having the Google Marketplace better than the one that came with the system.

Sketch_Says

Feb 6, 2011
I've also found that Rooting gave me some stability. I originally had some issues with Force Closes if I was playing with the tablet for too long as well as other general performance issues. Rooting the device gave me access to certain tools that really helped with the stability of the software.

larryb

Apr 24, 2011
Thanks for the info on rooting.

Since it's free then I may consider it.

Larry

Apr 28, 2011
Hey larry,
I just rooted my tablet tonight, and I love it! I do not notice any speed boosts, but I have not put a ROM on it. All I did was root using Z4, install clockworkmod, and then install the gapps. I do not plan on doing anything else with it for a while until i get it a little more broke in. It is so enjoyable to install a app that is avaliable from the REAL market, without having to google it to find it, and getting the latest version. Also, when a new version comes out, it notifies me and I get the newest, without doing what i just explained over again. I do believe it is worth it to root. I was a little scared to root in the first place, but i did it, it worked, and i am happy! This was my reference to what I used to root it with:YouTube - ‪Coby Kyros Android Tablet MID7015 Step by Step [HD]‬‏ All of the needed downloads are available in the description of the video. Enjoy!!!!!

Sue7M3

Staff member
Jan 2, 2011
I can tell you that the HoneyComb ROM is much faster for me. Also, I like having the Google Marketplace better than the one that came with the system.

The Honeycomb ROM is a million times faster and a lot more stable as well. I never get FCs anymore. :)

driggs

Apr 22, 2011
I agree with Sue, when you decide to put on a ROM, I think you will be more than happy with the improvements. The only FC's I get right now are when I am writing to the SD card, and I think that is the card (still haven't had a chance to pick up a newer one).