why so few apps on tablet compared to smartphone

bumperbyrns

Jun 20, 2011
I just bought a viewsonic 10" tablet with android 2.0 and am shocked at the lack of apps available. I naievely thought it would have the same range as my android phone. Gotta say im pretty darned disappointed. Its hard to support non apple products when theandroid apps are so limited. am i missing something? Perhaps not searching properly?

What is honeycomb? IS THIS THE OS or the brand oof the hardware? Also, is 2 the most up to date android os for the tablet? If not, where can i upgrade it?

Last edited:

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Honeycomb is the OS, and it is available in a Alpha version for the gtablet. Please read the stickies about the gtablet to see how to get access to the full market, there are 200,000 apps available.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

SmoothSnake

May 18, 2011
also it takes time for developers..ipad didnt have great apps for the first half year after it was released

mrao

Jun 22, 2011
Honeycomb is the OS, and it is available in a Alpha version for the gtablet. Please read the stickies about the gtablet to see how to get access to the full market, there are 200,000 apps available.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Tablet Forum

There are roughly around 50 odd apps currently optimized for honeycomb...there is an excellent thread which is constantly upated at xoomforums.com

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk