Why the concern with "Google Play" apps?

Gibbs

May 11, 2013
I have a D2-912 9" screen Internet Table from Big Lots. Between a couple of download sources, and probably a LOT more, why would one be concerned with Google Play? There are apps on mine, like Amazon Kindle, YouTube, FoxNews, Weather, Google Maps, Chrome and Fire Fox browsers, e-book reader, office apps, and so on.

Vern

vampirefo.

Developer
Nov 8, 2011
I have a D2-912 9" screen Internet Table from Big Lots. Between a couple of download sources, and probably a LOT more, why would one be concerned with Google Play? There are apps on mine, like Amazon Kindle, YouTube, FoxNews, Weather, Google Maps, Chrome and Fire Fox browsers, e-book reader, office apps, and so on.

Vern

Most people only know or heard of playstore used to be called market, if a tablet doesn't included playstore people will risk bricking their tablets to add playstore. Then get mad if an app is not compatible with their tablet. I modify tablets all the time, add playstore and resell the tablets, people bricking their tablets over root or playstore is steadily increasing, ebay is filling up with low end tablets, that were bricked cause someone wanted to root or add playstore or both.

Rooting and adding playstore can be done easily enough, but lets face it, if one has little to no tablet experience, it's going to be a tough job for them, and a 50/50 chance their tablet is going to be bricked. while if they simply use the tablet without root and playstore they could get years of use out of the tablet.

Gibbs

May 11, 2013
"Bricked" as in they messed up their OS ROM and now it won't boot, nor be recoverable, hence it is reduced to a door stop, paperweight, or "brick".?