Why was Tab Numlock banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ding Berry

Apr 7, 2011
All he did was post that you could get 11% cash back on a Nook using your Chase card. How is this spam? No good deed goes unpunished.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Obviously a question for the mods since I don't know that he was banned. The intent may have been good but the result looked more like a bot post for a credit card than passing on savings info. Sometimes things aren't always taken the way they are meant on the internets.

LocalStain

Feb 10, 2011
All he did was post that you could get 11% cash back on a Nook using your Chase card. How is this spam? No good deed goes unpunished.
While I was the one who alerted the mods, the post made no mention of the Nook Color and appeared, quite literally to be from a spambot. There was no explanation at all that it was related to the NC. It just looked like spam. I am sorry if he got banned but it stands to reason if you are going to post something on the NC forum that it be readily apparent how it relates to the NC, it was not.

Ding Berry

Apr 7, 2011
While I was the one who alerted the mods, the post made no mention of the Nook Color and appeared, quite literally to be from a spambot. There was no explanation at all that it was related to the NC. It just looked like spam. I am sorry if he got banned but it stands to reason if you are going to post something on the NC forum that it be readily apparent how it relates to the NC, it was not.

Wrong. It said "nook" in the info copied from Chase. You just didn't read it carefully.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
Wrong. It said "nook" in the info copied from Chase. You just didn't read it carefully.

It did say nook in the post but it still looked an aweful lot like a spambot post. Hopefully it is a misunderstanding that can be worked out between the OP and the Mods and it really was nothing more than a case of misidentified helpfulness.

Status
Not open for further replies.