why

elitecmdr666

Apr 2, 2011
it seems to me that all other tablets get more love than the galaxy tab and ontop of that cdma seems to also be left behind i know there are other forums working on it but why are these forum so dead?

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Just remember the actual volume of Android tablet manufacturers and that there are SO MANY different tablets out there that it is hard to really get a hold on any one of them. Also remember that the Tab is kind of expensive and that it is out of many potential consumer's price-range.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Forums here are completely driven by our users. We try very hard to look at what issues or platforms are getting the most traffic, then evaluate if they need a sub-forum or section. When major vendors come out with product, either hardware or provider, AND there is significant buzz around the device then we create a place for those topics in order to make sure we have a good signal-to-noise ratio.

Whether a tablet gets its own section seems to come down to three factors IMHO, these are 1.) Enthusiastic Users; 2.)Frustrated Users; 3.)Product Profile (Visibility). How much these forums get used comes down to our user base after they are set up. If you feel your particular forum is dead, ask yourself if there is anything you can do to add content and spark interest or discussion. Are the tweaks you can share? Mistakes you made you want to share with others to spare them the pain? The nature of the internet seems to be if you have come here looking for a specific piece of information there are usually others looking for it too. If there is no answer to what you seek, then start the thread by asking the question.

I hope that doesn't come across as lecture or sermon, just want to make sure that you find the value that want.

Cheers,
P

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
Usually, as pbrauer said, it comes down to YOU, the user. If you want there to be a super-dedicated galaxy Tab section, then start posting there with questions and comments and you will eventually get it started.