Wi-fi not working correctly

dracu_n_dulap

Jun 23, 2011
Hello! The issue is that i cannot connect to, or sometimes even see, certain wireless networks. For example at work there is an open network wich anybody can use, but for the love of god i cannot connect to it when it is seen. I say "when it's seen" because most of the time my S7 doesn't even see it (it happens with other networks as well , it's like now you see it , now you don't). With my other phone (a Nokia) i can see and connect to it without any hassle.
At home i have a wireless router with a 10db omnidirectional antenna wich is on my house, but i get such a low coverage. I dind't even noticed this until someone with an iTampon :mad: (iPad) got my network at more than 300 meters, a distance at wich my S7 picks up only whistling wind.
Is this issue common or is mine needing a screwdriver?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Unfortunately, poor Wi-Fi reception is a common complaint with tablets.

dracu_n_dulap

Jun 23, 2011
Unfortunately, poor Wi-Fi reception is a common complaint with tablets.
Would that be because of the OS? Or really crappy wi-fi modules. The antenna cannot be the issue, 'cause you can put a pretty big antenna in a tablet:).
Let's say i can live with the poor reception, but what's up with the selectivity?

Last edited:

Jota

May 25, 2011
Would that be because of the OS? Or really crappy wi-fi modules. The antenna cannot be the issue, 'cause you can put a pretty big antenna in a tablet :).
Let's say i can live with the poor reception, but what's up with the selectivity?

I too have exactly the same issues!
At home I got a better signal on the S7 from my neighbors Wi-Fi than from my own router!
It's crazy!

I've tried a Galaxy Tab and a ZTE V9 and both have much better reception.

What I can say from my experimentation, is that the rom have some influence, with some rom's wi-fi works better than with others.
For my S7-105, the Sweden Expert is the better one, and Taiwan the worst.

So, I guess it is a mix of bad software - Android, with bad hardware - Huawei !? :confused:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Some people have said changing to a channel less than 11 on their router worked for them. Worth a try?

SEMIJim

Aug 20, 2011
Don't know why channel 11 should be a problem. Those channels are so close together on the 2.4GHz band that they overlap one another.

For the record: My Vizio VTAB1008's WiFi works about as well as the WiFi in my laptop, if not better.

Jim

dracu_n_dulap

Jun 23, 2011
Changed the rom (using tri_zet's rom) and i could actualy connect to the network once, but surely i lost the signal and once again couldn't find the network. Could it be just bad software? I hope so!!!.

dracu_n_dulap

Jun 23, 2011
Well this is weird
$screenshot.png
I'm connected to a network. But which?
First i thought that it connected thru 3g, because i had the sim card in, and is just an error.
then i took the sim card out and......
$screenshot_1.png
it connected on it's own
internet working on both cases
any ideas?

Last edited: