Wife's NC still has not updated

mooniegt

Feb 19, 2011
My wife has kept her NC stock from day one. I'm curious about the new update, but it still has not pushed to her device yet? She reads with it every day... so why has it not updated itself yet?

darmeen

Jan 8, 2011
Can't really be sure why it hasn't been updated...but you can download the update from the bn.com site and manually install the update.

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I was at B&N yesterday and they were saying the updated are going to be sent out this week

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

jfree901

Mar 20, 2011
my NC has still not updated and I am on a autonooted 1.1 NC. I think I am going make a bootable cm7 disk and run 1.2 stock for awhile once I figure all this out. Can I still use the same card that is used for the bootable cm7 to save books on to run on stock 1.2?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
my NC has still not updated and I am on a autonooted 1.1 NC. I think I am going make a bootable cm7 disk and run 1.2 stock for awhile once I figure all this out. Can I still use the same card that is used for the bootable cm7 to save books on to run on stock 1.2?

You can use the same SD card. The disk will boot into CM7 if you insert it and boot. If you instert after booting you can use it to access and store data though.

JP

Edit: You can use the same card if you insert it after booting to eMMC :)

Last edited:

jfree901

Mar 20, 2011
thanks for the info J5.

Is there a good thread showing the steps to use the backup that i made using titanium to load within cm7?

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
thanks for the info J5.

Is there a good thread showing the steps to use the backup that i made using titanium to load within cm7?

No, I don't beleive there are steps outlining how to use TB with bootable CM7 but you have a couple of ways to do it. Now that it is confirmed that you can access the CM7 bootable disk if you insert after booting to internal memory here is the easiest way to do it.

Boot your Nook without the CM7 disk and then insert the disk. The Nook will chime and recognize the SD card. Open TB and run a backup. It will automatically save the backup to the disk. Reboot your Nook. Since the bootable CM7 is still in the Nook you should boot to CM7. If you haven't already downloaded TB on to CM7 you can do it now. Once you have TB then run the restore and you should be all set.

JP