wifi 3g and accessories

Ulsterman

Dec 3, 2012
Hi,

I am about to order a Pipo Max 2 for our 5 year old and have a few questions I need answered as a tablet novice.

1. There is a Wifi only version and a Wifi+3G version available (both at the same price). Why is there a difference and will I need to have a 3G account for the tablet to be used in Wifi only mode at home?

2. I need a case with a wireless keyboard (in Pink) for the 9.7" tablet. There are lots available but they all seem to be noted as for either the iPad or the Samsung Galaxy. Do these work on other tablets also or is there specific programming required to make them compatible.

Any other advice would also be very welcome.

Many thanks.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

#1. Either tablet will work fine on WiFi without a 3G provider, (contract).

#2. Just for clarification, though there are a few "WiFi" keyboards that do work, they are rare, unless you get a dongle with it that works and a USB port too use it in., A blue tooth keyboard would be a better option if the Pipo has BT..

Ulsterman

Dec 3, 2012
Thank you Leeshor. Don't see bluetooth mentioned on the Pipo Max spec. If not is it a possibility to add it or do you just buy another plug in device? or a plug in keyboard?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Thank you Leeshor. Don't see bluetooth mentioned on the Pipo Max spec. If not is it a possibility to add it or do you just buy another plug in device? or a plug in keyboard?

I'm not positive of the specs myself. But if it doesn't have blue tooth it would at least need a USB port. I haven't personally run into anyone who has tried getting a blue tooth USB dongle to work that I remember. If that's what you want/need to do you may want to look for a tablet that does have BT.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Ulsterman, welcome to the forum. I'm moving your thread to the Android Tablet Q&A section for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you out. Good luck and enjoy the forum!