WiFi Ad Hoc Network Not Found

eradicus

Oct 26, 2010
Hi, I need to know if the WLAN drivers support WiFi Ad Hoc networks by default because my tab doesn't detect it, or perhaps I just used a 3rd party ROM that had it disabled?

RobinD

Oct 28, 2010
I did it manually... Check the ROM for files for "RT2870STA". It's in there, 3 or 4 times the same file. Open the android_fs.tar and the data.tar as well!! Use 7-zip to browse the archive, or you can unpack these *.tar files to a seperate folder and then search for "RT2870STA". Open the RT2870STA.DAT files with a texteditor and replace "Infra" for "Adhoc". Close the files and choose save. Then go back to the *.tar files and browse them again with 7-zip. Copy the edited files to the right folders (overwrite the .DAT files) and copy your complete script folder to your SD card. Insert it into your tablet and then turn it on... You must enter the SSID manually in your tablet because it can't find the SSID of your Adhoc network by itself!

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
Hi, I need to know if the WLAN drivers support WiFi Ad Hoc networks by default because my tab doesn't detect it, or perhaps I just used a 3rd party ROM that had it disabled?
By default, Ad Hoc networks are not supported out of the box on all the tablets I have played with. This is done for the safety of the user. RobinD has the correct answer. You will have to set it up manually. The set up is different but the same dependent upon your tablet model. Search and research.