Wifi and crashing

jeffoickle

Jun 18, 2011
Hi all. I spent a month reading and trying to decide between the acer and asus. Finally yesterday I broke down and decided to go with the acer. I really love everything about it. I have some problems with it though and not very impressed to have a issue with it within only a hour. My wifi keeps dropping and disconnecting. I have a linksy 3000 router and it is top of the line. I have 3 laptops and don't have this problem with any connection at all. I been reading on it and some other owners had the same problem and it was hardware and they had to get it swapped for another one. Also when I load these forms and in the browser ,the browser shuts down. Is their something I should check or should I just go swap it for a new one. Thank you

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Clear your browser cache. The forums work fine for me.

As for the router, top of the line is not always the best choice for mobile devices.

Dropping wifi is most often the fault of the router switching between 802.11G and 802.11N, or trying to operate
in a band not supported by the Acer. The tablet has WiFi 802.11b/g/n single band 2.4GHz, but some routers
try to bounce 802.11N connections to the 5Ghz band without really checking if the other end can handle this.
Linksys is infamous for this.

See if there is a setting in your router to restrict it to the 2.4GHz band.

Set your WiFi disconnect policy to never (settings /wireless/ wifi settings).
Some times tablets and android phones disconnect and reconnect so frequently that they trigger
the SPI firewall protection in routers. (Try turning that off too, its pretty much useless anyway).

jeffoickle

Jun 18, 2011
Ok. I try that when I get home today. I did a factory reset and it solved my issue with the browser crashing. I using my iPhone to tether and never had a issue using tether. It's just when I am home so it seems it might be a issue with my router settings. I try your suggestions today and hopefully it will workThank you for the quick response