wifi connected but page not loading

Rhodes16

Jul 27, 2012
Hi, been using my neighbours wifi now for over 2 months but last couple weeks I have problems with my connection . The wifi is still showing as "connected" but I am unable to browsw unless I turn off and then turn again my wifi. This allows me to browse for a time but then the page stops loading and again I have to turn off and on. very frustrating, I have the choice of two wifi connections either side of me, I wonder if that is causing the problem ? Would appreciate some advise or if some one had same problem? . many thanks.

yanotf

Dec 21, 2011
I'm experiencing the same. Right now I'm sitting at a camping at a point where the signal is weak. To my experience this is what cause the problem. Much was already said about the tablet's wifi antenna itself. Here, around me, are many those nowadays telephones and their owners usually have no problems at all.

Try to move towards one of these access points, it should help.

Rhodes16

Jul 27, 2012
I'm experiencing the same. Right now I'm sitting at a camping at a point where the signal is weak. To my experience this is what cause the problem. Much was already said about the tablet's wifi antenna itself. Here, around me, are many those nowadays telephones and their owners usually have no problems at all.

Try to move towards one of these access points, it should help.

thanks for reply Yanotf
Yes the signal is weak sometimes but it shows as still connected with one or two bars. I would expect the bars to drop if it was a connection problem.
I wondered if it was something to do with the wifi settings? As you say it may be the tablets antenna itself which is a shame. it took me over one hour to upload a short video due to the connection timing out!

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
It could be that the wifi routers are operating on the same channel or an otherwise crowded channel. This sounds similar to what you would experience in that case. You can download an app like Wifi Analyzer and see if that is the case. Then maybe you can encourage one or the other to change their wifi to a less crowded channel.

Rhodes16

Jul 27, 2012
thanks for advice J5150p
I also can't download as google play will not work. but will open another thread for that.