WiFi Connection Problem

john ballantine

Sep 15, 2014
Recently bought nexus 7. No problem doing web searches or getting/ sending emails from my bt home hub, but when I try to do a Google search at hotspots although the wifi says "Connected" ( e.g to BTwifi with Fon or to, say, Macdonalds) I then get the message "Can't Load Search Results". I bought it particularly to use on frequent trips away from home.If it helps I've downloaded BT's wifi app.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Most of the free WiFi spots require you agree to their terms of use before being able to actually do anything on the Internet. That usually means bringing up a browser, which should do that automatically. Howevr I have found that some browser don't work well with some sites. There have been times I needed to run more than one browser to get the notice to appear. Whatever browser you use you normally need to tell it to allow pop-ups.

john ballantine

Sep 15, 2014
Welcome to the forum

Most of the free WiFi spots require you agree to their terms of use before being able to actually do anything on the Internet. That usually means bringing up a browser, which should do that automatically. Howevr I have found that some browser don't work well with some sites. There have been times I needed to run more than one browser to get the notice to appear. Whatever browser you use you normally need to tell it to allow pop-ups.
I didn't send my thanks. Your reply was helpful.