WiFi connection

starry

Jun 11, 2012
HI, I'm very new to the whole android thing! I have bought my wee boy a Epad 10 inch tablet and it wont connect to my WiFi. My laptop does so the router seems fine. When I put in my password for the WiFi it comes back with Disabled.secured with......... Am I being really thick? Is there an easy solution to this. I would really appreciate any help on this. My sons birthday is on Saturday!! Argghhhh, I'm almost outa time!!!!! Help!!!!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

You are not being thick at all. You are among thousands of other who have had the same problem.

The solutions are varied. The first thing to try is to power off your router for at least 30 seconds. Then after power up and it has settled down restart your tablet. Go to settings - WiFi and long press the connection then tell it to forget and try again. People have found that different devices, with different chipsets, react differently to router settings so just because one or more devices appear to work fine another may not.

Another thing to try is changing the channel on your router. You can also download (when you get connected) WiFi Analyzer which will tell you the channel with the least interference from other routers.

If that doesn't work, we can go with plan B.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Welcome to the forum Starry, thanks for joining us.

I moved this thread over to the Android Tablet Q&A forum to get more folks who can help to find it.

Before you pull your hair out (and have to then get some Rogain), can you connect to another WiFi connection? Perhaps a free WiFi hotspot at a restaurant? It could be one of many things causing the issue. We can help you work through it.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi Starry, welcome to Android Tablets. Nice to have you as a member of the forum. It appears my friends leeshor and Frederuco have come up with several things for you to try in order to get that wireless connected, hope one of them works for you.