wifi connection

pawsq

Oct 12, 2012
I lose wifi connection and have to repower my router to regian connection. Any ideas why.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I lose wifi connection and have to repower my router to regian connection. Any ideas why.

Welcome to the forum

I have several possible reasons and a link in my sig below with additional tips but I suggest that you either have a channel conflict with another router or you may need to change your security. If you are using WEP for your security that may be the problem. WPA/WPA2 would be better. I have recently seen posts where the problem ended up being the router, even if it appears to be working fine with other devices.

Install WiFi Analyzer to see what information it provides on your connection and any others that may be in the way.

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
Don't do that. It is not necessary. What you're suggesting is a waste of time.

djms55

Jul 10, 2013
Are you using a Bluetooth keyboard and have recently updated to the 4.1.2 firmware? I just got a galaxy tab 2 a week ago and got 2 different cases that have Bluetooth keyboards built in. I noticed that when the keyboards were connected, I could not browse over WiFi. When I tried using the LTE network, no issues. When I tried them with my iPad on WiFi, I had no issues. I took the tablet back to exchange for a new one (at the recommendation of Samsung call support) I have no issues at all, everything was working perfect. Later that evening I noticed a message that said I need to do an update, I did so and when complete the Bluetooth/wifi issues came back. I went into Best Buy to speak with the Samsung tech there (at the recommendation of Samsung call support after calling in a second time) and he confirmed that it seems to be an issues with the update, as he had 2 Galaxy Tab displays, one that worked fine with both of my Bluetooth keyboards (which had 4.1.1) and one that did not work (which had 4.1.2) The Samsung tech recommended that I downgrade back to 4.1.1, but could not explain how to do so. I hope this may have shed some light on the issue you are having, or if anyone has any suggestions on how to downgrade back to 4.1.1. Thanks