Wifi Connectivity Issues on a PMID4311

Discussion in 'Android Tablet Q&A' started by hopelesslyconfused, Dec 11, 2012.

1. hopelesslyconfused

hopelesslyconfused Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Tablet / Device:
    Hello, everyone:

I've just bought an Android PMID4311 Tablet. In an attempt to connect it to my wifi, I entered the correct WEP and it connected. I had internet for a little while, but I moved away from the modem and it disconnected. Now, even after I restart the tablet and re-enter the WEP right next to the modem, I don't get a signal. I have the newest version of the tablet, and therefore the firmware updates that the tech support site provide are useless. Whenever I re-enter my WEP, the settings read, "Saved, secured with WEP". When I tell it to connect, there's no change in the wifi status. When the WEP is entered but not connected, the tablet tells me that the IP address isn't available.

2. leeshor

leeshor Senior Member

Dec 27, 2011
    Norcross, GA
    Tablet / Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
    Welcome to the forum

I have a link below in my sig that has solutions for the type of problem you're having. But you may try these. Some Android tablets don't like WEP so a change to better security like WPA/WPA2 may help. Your router may need a firmware update so checking that may help. You also might get somewhere just power cycling the router. Also consider a channel change in the router.

If those fail try fixed IP and DNS in your tablet.