WiFi Disconnected

stod

Mar 9, 2012
I have just bought an Android Tablet. An NATPC M009S 8Gb tablet (also I believe sold as an A10). I've had it 4 days now.

Initially I was able to connect to my WiFi system (using a Linksys Router) and to the Internet. However, now I cannot connect to the Internet. It simply reports "WiFi disconencted" and tells me that my Router is out of range (which clearly it is not).

The tablet is running Android 2.3.4. My Samsung mobile runs Android 2.3.3 and that connects with no problems.

I have tried switching off the Router but no joy.

I have deleted the reference on the tablet to the Linksys router and re-entered all the details (it found the router as soon as I switched WiFi on).

Currently the tablet is unusable and I am desperate to find a solution. Can anyone help please.

stod

Mar 9, 2012
In desperation I reset the tablet to factory settings. This has solved the problem though,clearly, is not an acceptable solution as I lose everything. also, it set the language as Chinese!!! Fortunately I have an Android mobile so could check the position of icons in Settings. However, although I have changed the language back to English, I still have a problem with the keyboard display (I have set it for English/UK). On switching on and asking for password the keyboard is correct. However, logging into Router, mail, Google the keyboard is still enlarged and in Chinese!! Anyone any ideas or clues how to resolve the original question and how to now resolve the keyboard issue.

stod

Mar 9, 2012
To update my experiences and in summary.

When the first problem occurred (Error report "WiFi disconnected" whenever I tried to connect to the Internet using a wireless link to a Linksys Router with 3G modem) the only way that I was able to overcome it was to do a factory reset. This worked but I had a Chinese keyboard that I was able to reset to UK by working out correct keys to press (I fortunately have a Samsung Android mobile so could do some direct comparisons). However, within 24 hours the problem re-occurred.

I again did a factory reset and again experienced the same result (problem cleared but with Chinese keyboard). This time S slowly started to add applications and set up email accounts. However, within 24 hours the problem re-occurred.

So, for the 3rd time I did a factory reset. Got rid of the Chinese keyboard. Set up with my existing Google Account. Added one application each day over a period of 4 days. At the end of each day checked that I still had Internet connection and turned off. Then waited 7 days before setting up my main email Account as an IMAP account. That was 3 days ago now.

So, after 17 days of ownership I have reset the tablet to factory settings 3 times and currently everything seems to be okay. I cannot provide any logical explanation to these experiences. If anything changes then I will update this post. Maybe I can use the tablet in earnest now rather than just testing/playing!!