WiFi Icon Grey Instead of Blue

regbaron

Feb 2, 2014
Hi
I have a Bauhn 10.1 tablet wl-101GQC and my WiFi indicator on bottom right of screen is Grey instead of Blue so not able to get access to internet,all bars are lit so the connection looks strong.
Has anybody else had this problem and solved it,Would a reset of the pad fix it.:confused:

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You shouldn't need to a reset, but simply shut the tablet off then turn it back on. The fact your WiFi icon is gray rather than blue only means that Google services isn't synchronized and has nothing to do with signal strength or state.

regbaron

Feb 2, 2014
You shouldn't need to a reset, but simply shut the tablet off then turn it back on. The fact your WiFi icon is gray rather than blue only means that Google services isn't synchronized and has nothing to do with signal strength or state.
Thanks for your quick response.The problem was when i try to access WiFi through my Netgear extender,when i go straight through modem it works but intermittently .you are right about the Sync tho there is a message in Google accounts ( Sync is currently experiencing problems.It will be back shortly).I will have to wait,unless you know how to hurry it along.I took it to my Local Shopping center and it worked there ok even tho it was Greyed out

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Try resetting your modem, if you haven't already, sometimes that helps. Turn off or unplug the modem for 30 seconds or so and then turn it on or plug it in again.