Wifi issues, please help

jlewis2277

Feb 24, 2015
Ok, I have wifi in my home with 2 laptops and 3 tablets. Both laptops connect to the wifi just fine. One of the tablets connects just fine. The other two do not. Most of the time they don't even try to connect. I tell it to connect and it just goes straight to "Saved, secured with WPA2". Other times, it comes up as "Authentication problem". When it's idle, it has an excellent connection, when it's trying to connect, it has a poor connection. Even when I hold the tablet right next to my router. I have re-entered my password too many times to count. I have restarted the tablets. I turn off wifi on the devices I'm not currently using, so it's not that I'm trying to connect too many at the same time. It's just the two tablets that are the issue. One is an ASUS and the other is a Digital 2 (my third tablet that connects with no problem is also a Digital 2). I'm going crazy with this. Someone PLEASE HELP!!!!

PitCarver

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 9, 2014
Welcome - ATF (2).jpg

Check out this discussion on problem's with Wi-Fi.
http://www.androidtablets.net/threads/steps-to-get-wifi-connected-if-having-problems.44790/

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

I don't know what the other tablets hardware or operating systems is but what you are describing is a common problem with Android and some chipsets. It sounds as if the problem is with the, (type of) security in your router or the router's firmware. I have a link below that will take you to more WiFi solutions.

Stephen6427

Dec 18, 2011
Ok, I have wifi in my home with 2 laptops and 3 tablets. Both laptops connect to the wifi just fine. One of the tablets connects just fine. The other two do not.

Others may have said this but, if not, then I'd suggest using WiFi Analyzer available from the Google play . It helps me determine which in-house router/extender to use.

Last edited by a moderator:

britesc

Sep 18, 2012
Hi,

First thing to do is to set the wifi Access Point to no security and see if all devices can connect. If not switch off all devices and turn on 1 at a time, if a device fails to connect turn off the previous device and try again with the failed device. If it connects continue and try the turned off device last. If it connects remember the order as some devices steal the airways. Also make sure you are using channel 6 which is the most powerful, plus use full power broadcast.
If one of the devices is an apple device that is a real airways grabber and probably the root cause.
Next turn on security on the AP try WPA and PSK with a simple 8 letter password.
Now connect each device again in the same order as previous and you should have a connection to all devices.

Good luck,
jB

Cary

Apr 13, 2012
Ok, I have wifi in my home with 2 laptops and 3 tablets. Both laptops connect to the wifi just fine. One of the tablets connects just fine. The other two do not. Most of the time they don't even try to connect. I tell it to connect and it just goes straight to "Saved, secured with WPA2". Other times, it comes up as "Authentication problem". When it's idle, it has an excellent connection, when it's trying to connect, it has a poor connection. Even when I hold the tablet right next to my router. I have re-entered my password too many times to count. I have restarted the tablets. I turn off wifi on the devices I'm not currently using, so it's not that I'm trying to connect too many at the same time. It's just the two tablets that are the issue. One is an ASUS and the other is a Digital 2 (my third tablet that connects with no problem is also a Digital 2). I'm going crazy with this. Someone PLEASE HELP!!!!

I had the same problem, 2 laptops, 2 phones connecting fine, but a tablet and a new phone would not connect. Turns out the IP address that my tablet and new phone were picking up was 1 digit off. Check the IP address on one of your laptops that's connecting with no problems, and look in your tablet to be sure they are exactly the same. Manually change it and it should connect.

Tel864

Aug 17, 2014

Bring up the page where it shows all the wifi networks and forget them all and rescan for networks.

rethanon

Sep 1, 2011
I have had similar issues in the past - managed to solve it by going into router settings and setting a specific IP address for each device that is connecting. Might want to give that a try.