WIFI not connecting

Sep 15, 2012
picked up this tablet from big lots for $100. Haven't messed with it too much mainly because of certain issue - wifi connection problem.
I've googled all over for several days. Seems like Droid phone and tablets have an issue with wifi alot.
Here is what I have:
SC-72mid by supersonic i think, android 4.0 firmware.
Belkin N150 router (2yrs old) ip address starting from 192.168.2.1 (range 100 dhcp clients)
MAC filtering is off
Mode = mixed with 802.11b,g & n
Channel = currently 11 (have had it at 'auto' and all other channels)
bandwidth = 20/40mhz
WPS enabled
Sec mode = WPA/WPA2
Auth = WPA/PSK + WPA2+PSK

I've tried switching to WEP, WPA, check/changed password, reset router, power cycled router, changing channels/channel extensions, and statically assigning the device.
I have an Acer laptop,Toshiba laptop and Ipod connected wirelessly just fine. My wife has a ZTE Score android phone that won't connect to wifi either.
My wife's phone and this tablet WILL connect at my office's wireless (3yr old linksys router). So its not the device. I can connect other devices to my home network wireless, so its not my router.
Are there certain settings I need to have? I think I've tried them all.
I have tried for the fun of it to connect to neighbors wireless, don't have password so it just keeps trying "authenticating". At my house I don't even get that. It sees my network, I click connect, enter password, hit connect again then does nothing. Just goes back to 'wireless networks' in range page. Wife's phone does the same, never even tries to authenticate. Click connect and does nothing but go back to wireless networks in range page.
Anybody have any ideas? The manufacture doesn't have a support (of coursee) android site doesn't have this device listed. But I see its just not this device, seems like all tablets, phones, ect... with android software have wireless issues. It would be nice to get parameters you need configured.
Any help guys would be greatly appreciated!
I've been hoping to get a Nexus 7, and give this tablet to my wife or kids. I'm also in the process of upgrading my POS phone to an android ( don't say get iphone, iphone $400 vs droid $150). For my finances its a no brainer.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

Connecting to some WiFi routers can be a real pain for sure. I have a link below with some tips on problems with connecting and though you provided some great detail and did most of what I would have suggested, it's possible that something in that thread will ring a bell, or hopefully fix the problem.