WiFi Not Working Very Well

macvon1

Oct 7, 2013
I just bought a Proscan PLT 8223G last week. I was excited to own an Android OS. However, The wifi will only work decent if I'm in the room with my wireless router. I don't know if it is because it is just cheap or something else. My son is a computer geek and did everything he knows to do with router settings etc. I'm ready to throw the thing in the trash. Can anyone give me any other ideas, or am I just stuck with an oversized paper weight? :mad:

DonSchaeffer

Jun 24, 2013
I bought a cheap Irulu tablet when I first got interested. When I booted it, I had to go downstairs where the router was and hold it there for a few cycles until it found the router. Then I could bring it back up. But the signal strength often went to zero while it was in use. I think the electronics are just weak.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I just bought a Proscan PLT 8223G last week. I was excited to own an Android OS. However, The wifi will only work decent if I'm in the room with my wireless router. I don't know if it is because it is just cheap or something else. My son is a computer geek and did everything he knows to do with router settings etc. I'm ready to throw the thing in the trash. Can anyone give me any other ideas, or am I just stuck with an oversized paper weight? :mad:

Welcome to the site

If you'll follow the link in my signature you'll find a thread with my name on it that discusses what you can do if you have WiFi problems.