Wifi Printing...does anyone do that?

detz

Jan 3, 2012
I am thinking of buying a Wifi printer and wanted to know if its possible to, and if so, what printer (make,model#) your using?

bclinger

Aug 11, 2011
There are bunches of applications and printers that accomplish this without too much pain.

Printer: I have the HP7515: wireless and supports remote printing. I went with this printer due to a number of reasons, from sheet feeder, printing on both sides, et cetera. Setup is painless and relatively quick.

Google Cloud printing and HP's eprint application are good at remote printing. No need to spend money on the software side.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It isn't necessary to have a wireless printer in order to print using your WiFi. The printer only needs to be connected to the same network. Google CloudPrint works great but PrinterShare is worth the investment imo, as it isn't free like CloudPrint.

Using CloudPrint I haven't seen anything I couldn't print, in my office, but it dose go into the cloud before getting to your printer.

detz

Jan 3, 2012
leeshor: I did a search on wifi printing after i posted my question and found your original post about wifi printing using cloudprint or printershare. I've seen then d/l'ed cloudprint on my tablet and enabled cloud printing on chrome. It works great! thank you and thank you to bclinger for the info!

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
leeshor: I did a search on wifi printing after i posted my question and found your original post about wifi printing using cloudprint or printershare. I've seen then d/l'ed cloudprint on my tablet and enabled cloud printing on chrome. It works great! thank you and thank you to bclinger for the info!

Always glad to know a plan came together. Great work.

b1lk1

Jan 15, 2012
I second the vote for Printershare. I do not like the idea of using Google cloud, but that is a personal opinion, not based on any issues other than my choice.

iamkoza

Oct 28, 2011
printing from a tablet seems silly to me... unless you own no other computer.... it's WAY easier to just email the file to yourself and print it from a PC... too many little things go wrong when printing from a tablet.

detz

Jan 3, 2012
iamkoza: I havent have any "little things go wrong when printing from my tablet", yet. And i find it WAY EASIER to print from my tablet, while sitting in my recliner, and faster, than sending my desktop comp an email, getting up from my recliner, opening up my other email account, then printing-out said file. Hmmm...maybe i'm just lazy!
LOL :)

Last edited:

idontknow

Alternate ATF App Tester
Jan 13, 2011
I agree with Detz, very easy to print from a tablet once you get the right printing app and the right printer!. Besides...I don't like computers anymore,I like tablets! :)

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
iamkoza: I havent have any "little things go wrong when printing from my tablet", yet. And i find it WAY EASIER to print from my tablet, while sitting in my recliner, and faster, than sending my desktop comp an email, getting up from my recliner, opening up my other email account, then printing-out said file. Hmmm...maybe i'm just lazy!
LOL :)

I'm with you on this. And why shouldn't we be able to print from our tablets. I seem to spend more time on my tablet than on my computer at this stage. I'm just about ready to call it a "computer" - I never thought I would.